Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Standard Hu Active Under-seat Sub Install.

Mat-O

Hello, I have spoken to someone selling an Alpine SWE-1000 (active under-seat sub), and was wondering if it's possible to install this to a stock HU (as I know Toyota do one), and what the quality would be like. I know an aftermarket HU would increase the sound quality greatly, as would adding aftermarket component Speakers and amps, but after the gearbox incident money is short, so this isn't an option.

Let me know your thoughts, or if you know of anyone done this.

Cheers :)

it is possible. You need an RCA converter. You cut the speaker wires at the back of the head unit and tap into them with the wires from the RCA converter, you can then connect your amp to these RCAs

They only cost a few quid. I think my brothers on his yaris cost a fiver.

heres a picture of one i just googled

43750-sisloc80.jpg

Ah, that's cool, cheers for that.

Have you got any idea of the quality from a standard HU of your brother did that? What did he add?

He used it with a ready built fly setup 10" i think. The sound quality is obviously never going to be as good as with a new head unit with pre-outs but if set up right can sound well enough, definetly better than standard anyway as with a sub you can take the bass out the Speakers to stop then distorting.

Setup can take a little fiddling because as you adjust the fade of the Speakers and the bass and treble you are effecting the sub as well because its run from the speaker outputs but you can make it sound pretty good.

I think the fact is those adapters are so cheap that if your happy with it then spot on if not youve only lost a few quid.

I done this with my standard head-unit. Simply because i couldn't be bothered putting the face plate on my after market HU every time i went in my car.

So I went to Motorworld and got one of these for £6.99.

12916.jpg

It just shares the connection to your normal Speakers, and surprisingly the sound quality was good. I don't have my sub in the car any more now though, I prefer the sound of exhaust :D

...The one Frankie_TS posted does look a better piece of kit