Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav Map Updates

Phoenix999

Guys.... I posted this over in the Prius forum but I wondered if anyone else may be interested in updating their sat nav disks.

This link was posted in the most recent 'Today Tomorrow' magazine as sent out by Toyota.

I hope it helps a few of you.

Toyota map updates

• 3 months later...

I've been checking this regularly for a new update for my TNS300/310+ in my Avensis Verso, and it seems an update has been added for 2008. Rumor has it that some updated versions now allow input while driving :)

Quote from "Why Update?"

GOOD NEWS! NO MORE FROZEN SCREENS! With your new map-update DVDs (PZ485-X03EU-08 & PZ485-X03RU-08), you will have not just expanded coverage but also an extra function allowing you to operate the navigation while driving*.

My original disc from 2004 (08664-00964) now shows an update PZ485-TTBEU-08 which a few weeks ago was still PZ485-TTBEU-07 (I'd already found that one as an ISO on the net).

So I ordered it as my experience with a recordable is that it sometimes gives a read error. €159 :o

Are these maps free to download then???? (Legally ;) )

Toyota ..... Free ....... Those two words do not appear together very often!

Big Bucks! Cheaper to get an aftermatket Sat-Nav unit then buy a map update for an OEM unit, I think

no copyright material is free to download and use legally, however look hard enough and i am sure it can be found.

Toyota ..... Free ....... Those two words do not appear together very often!

Big Bucks! Cheaper to get an aftermatket Sat-Nav unit then buy a map update for an OEM unit, I think

That's why I comented!!! I think BMW charge about £150 for the up to date maps.. (But they include speed cameras lol)

I'd still never swap the "proper" system for an aftermarket stick on screen one... I hate dash clutter, and I love the full integration of a factory system, especially if you have TMC.

Are these maps free to download then???? (Legally ;) )

Of course that would be illegal - but I just said I found it, didn't I ;)

Yes it would be cheaper to buy a nice full map aftermarket one, but I don't like the clutter and the added risk of a break-in. The full double-din units are nice but they arent really available under €1000.

out of interest, how important is it really to update the maps?

I fitted a Honda Sat-Nav to my HR-V and used the same DVD Map in it for 4 years and the only time I ever really missed a road feature was it didn't have the Millau Bridge in France in it (which I would have loved to go across actually).

One miss in 4 years of use both UK and abroad was no great shakes, IMO

Wow, it was sent by DHL and it's already there!

08927-00984.jpg

Where it was once just 1 DVD-9, it is now spread across three overlapping DVD-9 discs.

There really must have been some updates! (And there should be, because alone in my town a lot of road changes/additions etc. have taken place in the last two years).

I know downloading dodgey internet ones is illegal!!!

I thought for a second Toyota might have a service for free updates.. technically you could download copywrited stuff for free if it was copywrited by toyota and they offered an "update" service for toyota customers only!

I must admit I have no issues with my 2003 maps.. ocacionally a mini roundabout will now be lights, or vica versa.. Worst case is you encounter a "new" one way system!

The main advantage of the newer ones for me is the full 7 digit postcode search! I'll wait for the 2009 ones to come out then get an "old" late 2008 disk lol

• 3 months later...
I've been checking this regularly for a new update for my TNS300/310+ in my Avensis Verso, and it seems an update has been added for 2008. Rumor has it that some updated versions now allow input while driving :)
Quote from "Why Update?"

GOOD NEWS! NO MORE FROZEN SCREENS! With your new map-update DVDs (PZ485-X03EU-08 & PZ485-X03RU-08), you will have not just expanded coverage but also an extra function allowing you to operate the navigation while driving*.

My original disc from 2004 (08664-00964) now shows an update PZ485-TTBEU-08 which a few weeks ago was still PZ485-TTBEU-07 (I'd already found that one as an ISO on the net).

So I ordered it as my experience with a recordable is that it sometimes gives a read error. €159 :o

Would you send me a link for PZ485-X03EU-08. Thank you in advance!

Quote from "Why Update?"

Just as a matter of interest, i have recently downloaded a map update for my Tom Tom G720. It cost £70, but I am not yet convinced it is any better than the previous version !

This thread reminded me that mine could be more accurate :( , so I used the "Contact us " option on the Binatone Carrera

web site to enquire whether updates were available & at what cost.

I'm still waiting for a reply :( Not the 1st time this has happened to me with other Businesses :angry:

• 2 months later...
Quote from "Why Update?"

Anyone got a link for PZ485-X03EU-08? Thank you so much

• 1 year later...
Quote from "Why Update?"

Anyone got a link for PZ485-X03EU-08? Thank you so much

Can someone send me the working link as well.

Cheers.