Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If You Add An Extra Seatbelt Can You Legally Have 3 In The Back ?

Lister2020

When Im the designated driver and I do the scooting to/from clubs, if its girls or one or two of my small guy friends in the back 3 fit no problem. there is the problem of no third seatbelt so if I did get pulled over id be in trouble. Just out of curosity(sp?) Can I get a middle belt fitted, and would that then allow me

to legally have 3 people in the bak?

When Im the designated driver and I do the scooting to/from clubs, if its girls or one or two of my small guy friends in the back 3 fit no problem. there is the problem of no third seatbelt so if I did get pulled over id be in trouble. Just out of curosity(sp?) Can I get a middle belt fitted, and would that then allow me

:lol: I remember that they once got 15 people in a MINI....................but not on the road

Not quite sure if the legislation is the same in N Ireland ..................but:

The construction and use regulations list the Aygo as a FOUR seat vehicle.

The registration documents list the Aygo as a FOUR seat vehicle.

The Insurance companies list the Aygo as a FOUR seat vehicle.

If you try to fit three people in the back you will invalidate your insurance and overload the car................therby breaking the law.

It really is not worth overloading your Aygo :)

If you really want to carry more than FOUR people (Driver + 3 passengers) maybe you should have purchased a bigger car?

This has been posted before quite a while ago as I actually asked aswell :P

Came down to the fact that due to safety reasons and like said above all the documents clearly list the Aygo as a 4 seater

shame :(

• 2 weeks later...

This should answer your question about overloading your car...

Last night experts were probing whether the car’s handling may have been affected by overloading.

article-1033924-01E8187000000578-27_468x512.jpg

article-1033924-01E7FE5F00000578-253_468x573.jpg

:yes: Camry has FIVE three point seat belts ,& is such a beautiful car aswell. My last Camry even have a further two on the third row ! :thumbsup:

:yes: Camry has FIVE three point seat belts ,& is such a beautiful car aswell. My last Camry even have a further two on the third row ! :thumbsup:

Most modern cars larger than the Aygo have FIVE three point seatbelts.

The original poster asked if he could legally fit a third rear seatbelt. He has recieved many convincing answers as to why he should not do this..............including TVOR's very graphic and sadly topical warning about overloading.

Flexy7, please do not stray off topic and turn this thread into a Camry appreciation thread :)

The aygo wouldnt be able to cope with five people in the car unless you add really strong shocks and even at that; its a stretch :P

The aygo wouldnt be able to cope with five people in the car unless you add really strong shocks and even at that; its a stretch :P

Its coped fine many a times with three small people in the back :P

There are other places.........

STA60013.jpg

A potential solution for the two seater Roadster, bit of bubble wrap and all is well !!!! :P :o :D

Note - That was why I got the Aygo :D

With one of them not wearing a seat belt... :crybaby:

With one of them not wearing a seat belt... :crybaby:

Indeed

I'm sure it'll be great fun if an accident happens - seatbelts are there as a safety measure - should you wish to carry four passengers you should have bought a bigger car - alternatively only take 3, its hardly rocket science.... :rolleyes: