Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Quick Query

Toecutter

I have picked up my Agyo + on friday and when having a look under the bonnet this morning to check my fluid levels noticed that there is no form of cold air intake pipe to the air cleaner box, is this correct or has the garage not re-fitted the pipe after they serviced it before I picked it up?

Edit: Looking at the link here, there is a definite cold air intake pipe in the photo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1KR-FE

Many Thanks

Tim

My 2006 Aygo has no cold air pipe (had the car from new).

I would like one though!

My 2006 Aygo has no cold air pipe (had the car from new).

I would like one though!

Thanks for the quick reply Johnan,

I wonder if some cars came with an intake pipe and others without? Does anyone know the part no for the pipe at all?

Does anyone on this forum have the intake pipe on their Aygo?

Thanks

Tim

There is no intake pipe on my sons new Aygo Slate Blue (Collected new on Saturday), or indeed no intake pipe on my Yaris Ion 1.0 litre which has the same engine as the Aygo.

I don't think it is fitted for the UK market

There is no intake pipe on my sons new Aygo Slate Blue (Collected new on Saturday), or indeed no intake pipe on my Yaris Ion 1.0 litre which has the same engine as the Aygo.

I don't think it is fitted for the UK market

Thanks Red Yaris 54,

I suspect the photo of the engine bay in the wiki link is for the JDM/European variant?

Would be interesting if there is any benefit on fitting this intake pipe?

Thanks

Tim

The 107-Aygo-C1 is never equiped with such an intake pipe.

I think this intake pipe was only fitted in the Daihatsu Sirion.

Nope, havent got one on mine either. Also, I've just noticed that I'm missing one of the rubber 'seals' at the front that the bonnet rests on when it's closed. :unsure:

Nope, havent got one on mine either. Also, I've just noticed that I'm missing one of the rubber 'seals' at the front that the bonnet rests on when it's closed. :unsure:

No, it's not missing. All Aygo's just have the one seal offset to one side. ;)

Dave

Dave

Ahh ok cheers, just seemed weird that the holes for it were there, but the seal itself was missing. Have since found another topic confirming that there's only one. You'd think it'd be an aero or moisture problem.

Pic attached...also shows the air intake pipe (or lack there of). :P

DSC01137.jpg

Nope, havent got one on mine either. Also, I've just noticed that I'm missing one of the rubber 'seals' at the front that the bonnet rests on when it's closed.
No, it's not missing. All Aygo's just have the one seal offset to one side.

My 2006 "Black" doesn't even have ANY seals at the front lip of the bonnet!

Dave

Ahh ok cheers, just seemed weird that the holes for it were there, but the seal itself was missing. Have since found another topic confirming that there's only one. You'd think it'd be an aero or moisture problem.

Pic attached...also shows the air intake pipe (or lack there of). :P

DSC01137.jpg

Thanks for the Pic Justin,

I wonder if having the intake pipe would be of any benefit at all? Surely the hot air in the engine compartment must be drawn into the air intake, this means there air is less dense compared to colder air from the wheel arch as per the photo on the wiki link?

I assume the Toyota engineers must of decided that this would not be a problem?

Thanks everyone for putting my mind at rest!

Cheers

Tim

Cooler induction air should lead to more engine efficiency, but very little I would guess in an engine as small as 1000cc,unless highly tuned.

My rubber strip is on the other side to the one in the picture!Odd!

My rubber strip is on the other side to the one in the picture!Odd!

My rubber is also on the other side...

i havent got a pipe, just a thing sticking out that looks abit like one of those party horns?! lol

im planning on having a cold air feed through the rear of the bumper and up connecting to said *trumpet horn thing* :lol:

i havent got a pipe, just a thing sticking out that looks abit like one of those party horns?! lol

im planning on having a cold air feed through the rear of the bumper and up connecting to said *trumpet horn thing* :lol:

The danger of fitting a cold air feed at bumper level is that you just could ingest any flood water from the road surface with potential catastrophic results. :(

As far as I know, the kit uses a special oil that prevents water from entering.

LoL loving the terminology Aimee - i should gives Haynes a call :P

Anywho to be honest there's really no need for the intake pipe, hence why the Aygo's aren't fitted to them... If i recall correctly the intake pipes are supposed to reduce "resonating" i think its called (its basically induction noise - trying to recall when i was dismantling my Almera's intake system)

Anywho to be honest there's really no need for the intake pipe, hence why the Aygo's aren't fitted to them... If i recall correctly the intake pipes are supposed to reduce "resonating" i think its called (its basically induction noise - trying to recall when i was dismantling my Almera's intake system)

well i try, im not very good with anything under the bonnet, although i do check the oil level etc myself :thumbsup: hehe

ahh, i'd never thought about floods before, fortunatly we dont flood very often here (although we're right next to the Severn) however ill bear that in mind :D

I have picked up my Agyo + on friday and when having a look under the bonnet this morning to check my fluid levels noticed that there is no form of cold air intake pipe to the air cleaner box, is this correct or has the garage not re-fitted the pipe after they serviced it before I picked it up?

Edit: Looking at the link here, there is a definite cold air intake pipe in the photo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1KR-FE

Many Thanks

Tim

That picture is lifted from a Daihatsu Sirion review. The Aygo has never had the additional pipe fitted as standard to my knowledge

well i try, im not very good with anything under the bonnet, although i do check the oil level etc myself :thumbsup: hehe

ahh, i'd never thought about floods before, fortunatly we dont flood very often here (although we're right next to the Severn) however ill bear that in mind :D

I used to have a custom made CAI on my Hyundai F2 Coupe which is alot lower than my Aygo, and that had an intake funnel under the front bumper and i never had any water issues. Unless you deliberatly drive through water than is deeper than the intake you should be fine. I assume that if you did, the water coming through the bottom of the doors would probably be just as alarming!

The engine bay has a lot of room compared to other vehicles. Not nesarcary for any of that.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links