Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Diesel - How Many Mpg?

fionamarg

After trying various driving styles on my MK1 Yaris D4D (125k miles on the clock), today i have managed to get my personal best MPG. 

From a full tank and after 781miles I filled the tank with 42.78 litres so this gives me 83mpg.

Not that it really matters but this was on Tesco's regular diesel. When I first bought it i used to fill it with Shell, but is so expensive these days so i switched to Tesco's. I cannot see any difference to be honest. Is not a performance car anyway so i don't expect to see any difference.

This is purely motorway miles, 56mph average travelling speed, no hard acceleration and rpm's always lower than 1800-2000 rpms (cannot tell exactly).

What I noticed during my experiments, is that the low fuel indicator it has at least two stages. One that flashes approximately once per second and another one when the fuel is even less and it flashes twice per second. Not sure if there is another stage.

Boring experiment i know, it was just see how far i can stretch my mpg's. I usually cruise around 65mph and i get 75mpg's, still motorway miles.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links