Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rx8 Or 190

celica140sport

i read on a mazda forum that rx8 engines flood alot if u dont warm them up correctly i only live 1 mile from work and being lazy i drive it lol. my celicas great for that little trip. stupid mazda lol

i read on a mazda forum that rx8 engines flood alot if u dont warm them up correctly i only live 1 mile from work and being lazy i drive it lol. my celicas great for that little trip. stupid mazda lol

ye i heard that to..

when ppl say flooding? wat exactly happens?

Having just got back from the Nurburgring and having experienced how the RX8 handles there is no contest between the two cars in terms of fun and handling.

The LSD on the rex was just perfect... enough to let the back end slide out but enough there to not let it get away from you... the right balanced has deffo been achieved.

The 2 cars which really surprised me out there were the S2K and the RX8. Also i was in the back of the RX8 all the way from Germany back to the uk and it was comfortable... Im 6 foot tall and 14 stones so i aint a little fella either.

well i suppose im a bit daft in comparing the 2 cars anyway. too much fuel in the cylinders for the fuel to ignight or sumut correct me if im wrong. but one thing the celica will always be is alot cheaper ...saying tht i found this thing on tinterweb that tells u ur mpg i worked out in my celica i do about 28mpg which doesnt sound too much different from the rx8 if u drive it like a old woman anyway lol

Yes the LSD is brilliant for drifting around round abouts with traction control off :P

As for the flooding business; basically until the updated ECU the engine used to recieve too much fuel when starting up if you were not careful, and flooded the engine with fuel. This has been corrected years ago and never happens. I used to dry start my RX and foot to the floor all the way and never flooded once. The only thing you should do if you have not been running it for 10+ minutes is instead of just turning it off hold the revs at 4k for 10 seconds then turn the key off while foot still on gas. This helps burn any oil remaining in the engine for a clean off.

yea id heard about the ecu update and the manual way of deflooding them, you would of thought with all todays technology they would be able to overcome sumut as simple as it thou. you dont see any celicas flooding when u reverse them off the drive lol even so i think ive made up my mind its going to be the rx8 but thinking of keeping the celica as well :D

I have recently sold my RX8 190BHP, and and just been test driving 190BHP Celicas and let me tell you, the RX8 is far faster and has power delivery across the full range of revs, and even though the power delivery is smooth you drop it a gear and you will get the kick-back feeling.

In comparison the Celica feels as slow as a 1.2 corsa. That said, the reason I sold the mazda is because the fuel is completely insane! I was averaging 14mpg driving hard and soft (and you are meant to drive the ****le hard to get better fuel eco). If fuel REALLY doesn't bother you, its the RX8 all the way, brilliant car really regret selling it, but for me £120 a week on petrol was not good, as well as £50 every 5 months on 5litres of oil!

I have just brought a 140bhp Celica and am waiting for it to be worked on before picking it up, as I cannot really tell a difference between that and the 190bhp until stupid revs so I will settle for better fuel eco.

I completely disagree, i reckon my 190 is quicker than my mates 190 RX8 and he totally agrees....he does nothing but complain about the fuel economy though, says its ridiculous, so much so he has a diesel mondeo as a daily driver...

Oh and to quote 'the celica in comparison feels as slow as a 1.2 Corsa lololol'....from what i remember the RX8 was dead until higher revs....my 190 does around 35mpg so i couldnt see there being a big difference between it and the 140 in fuel economy...

The problem with the RX is that the power delivery is sooo smooth that it feels like you are going slow. I drove a 1.7 corsa for 3 years and when I got in the RX it felt slower than that, and my old man agreed. And the difference was 10 seconds in the 0-60 department!

You should do a flat start on a straight between the 2 and I bet you bottom dollar the Celica falls short.

Saying that, I now have my celica and I find it so much more enjoyable knowing I am driving around with 3x the economy lol. Now just to find a booster seat that will fit!!

well its fact neither car has no torque and thats what gives u the pinned in seat feeling. u still get that in the rx8 except u get it all the way to 9500rpm lol. just lack of torque that makes both cars feel slow. even my 140 feels slower than most cars but when i put it head to head with most cars itll still beat it especialy mid ranged when the celica is the best in my opinion

Facts are facts... The RX8 is quicker than both the 140 and the 190.

RX8

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Summary.aspx?model=452

Celica

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Summary.aspx?model=933

How fast a car actually 'feels' is not measureable and as such is different from person to person. I have driven a MR2 turbo back to back with a Supra TT and even though i knew the Supra was quicker.. the MR2 'felt' quicker to me due to the power deliver.

The Supra was smooth as you like where as the MR2 had nothing until the boost kicked in then snapped your head back...

RX8

Celica

How fast a car actually 'feels' is not measureable and as such is different from person to person. I have driven a MR2 turbo back to back with a Supra TT and even though i knew the Supra was quicker.. the MR2 'felt' quicker to me due to the power deliver.

The Supra was smooth as you like where as the MR2 had nothing until the boost kicked in then snapped your head back...

Eh, theres 0.2 of second difference to 60 in BOOK times....hardly anything to wrote home about..must get a run with my mates one and see what happens...but hes not impressed with his one power wise at all, says his old MK5 Golf GTi and Civic Type R were quicker (the same mk5 Gti was neck and neck with a 225bhp RX8)...but lovely car all the same, he says the handling is awesome!

I know what you mean about something feeling quicker though, another mate had a remapped PD130 Passat and that felt like an absolute weapon because of the torque and the way the boost came in, but i was shocked when a standard 140 Celica was marginally quicker

Hi guys,

sorry to interrupt =) but couldn't help it to share my joy =)

i literally got my Celica VVTi Sport+Premium a week ago.

use to drive ford puma (little monster =) ) wanted the same boost, but more comfort ;) and room...

i loved my puma's kick-back feeling, but in spite celica feels much gentle - it was the minute i decided i've chosen my new car when i felt how gentle toyota is.

couple of days ago i realised why =)

i was on the traffic light and next to me was this bloke in astra 2.0 who i happened to overtake just before the traffic light. so i wasn't going to race and didn't kick off straight away when he did =) there was a pedestrian crossing in 20m ahead with red lights on (i didn't press the brake, but got my foot off the accelerator) - so he had two additional points =)

and it was the smile on my face when i, without any stress, overtook him in the next 15m =) while he looked.... hmmm... stressed with his head down ;)

i was also choosing between RX8, celica140 and celica190...

when i found out the fuel consummation for RX8 - that was it...

celica190 - bumpy little thing... also you don't get kick-back feeling (even gentle.... or may be i was expecting too much from it?..), neither you feel any real power difference before 6-6.5k revs...

i'm falling in love deeper and deeper with my celica140 every day =))

in spite it's annoying me that i don't get the same torque at kick-off as i used to with puma, but i found that in the same time frame it still accelerates faster and i can make it even more faster if i repeatedly releasing and pressing accelerator up and down (is this bad thing to do?)

so i agree with Fizz - "feels like" can't really be a measurement...

sorry again =)

x

ah yes u cnt beat the 140. people always overtake me at low revs but onces its got going its claws bk the lead so easily its great. i drove the 230bhp rx8 and kick back feeling in that car i meen its got 90bhp more power than mine im going to notice the difference lol and with rear wheel drive it was awesome and far more comfortable than the celica. i think thts the thing i hate most about my celica more than crap torque stupid oil buring is the road noise u get with it so loud. ive taken the noise reduction valve out of mine so the engine sounds great when u flatten the pedal. btw what astra was it ?2.0 astra were the really old ones around p reg times wernt they its either 1.8 or 2.2 these days am i right

RX8

Celica

Eh, theres 0.2 of second difference to 60 in BOOK times....hardly anything to wrote home about..must get a run with my mates one and see what happens...but hes not impressed with his one power wise at all, says his old MK5 Golf GTi and Civic Type R were quicker (the same mk5 Gti was neck and neck with a 225bhp RX8)...but lovely car all the same, he says the handling is awesome!

I know what you mean about something feeling quicker though, another mate had a remapped PD130 Passat and that felt like an absolute weapon because of the torque and the way the boost came in, but i was shocked when a standard 140 Celica was marginally quicker

Please bare in mind that your compareing the slowest RX8 to the fastest Celica to get that .2 difference..

The majority of RX8's on the roads i have seen are the bigger power varient. If you compare the fastest celica to the fastest RX8 then there is a full second difference and yes it does make a difference.. lol

Then you have the handling... the Rex is setup soo much better than the Celica for track day antics with its amazing LSD and FR setup. As already mentioned the only thing that lets it down is the mpg which is shocking!... well not really as all rotary engines are really bad!

Also as i currently own a Bora TDi... i can vouch for the torque on these engines... Soot chuckers are great!

celica140sport

btw what astra was it ?2.0 astra were the really old ones around p reg times wernt they its either 1.8 or 2.2 these days am i right

all i remember noticing that engine size was bigger than main. but now carfully remembering i think it was 1.9 TDi

btw, you could give me some tips how to drive celica140 in the best way =)

the best way in what way lol economical or fast? if u want to drive it fast then pretend the celica has no 6th gear lol or even 5th for that matter