Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maf Plug - I Need To Get One. Will Any E12 Fit?

cabcurtains

Hi All,

Its finally happened, one of the wires connecting into the MAF has snapped leaving the Rolla in safe mode, time to get another MAF with some wire on it and extend the length of the wires, i knew i should have done this before :( . Obviously my hand has been forced and i will have to get one, the question i have is, is the T-Sport the only Rolla with this MAF or can i get one from another E12 Model or another Model Toyota i.e Celica?

Please help me or i will have to go to Mr T and that will involve selling the house to fund it :lol:

why do u need a new one ? extend the wire that has came free then insert it back into its place, job done, mine aint had a problem since :)

why do u need a new one ? extend the wire that has came free then insert it back into its place, job done, mine aint had a problem since :)

The wire has actually snapped inside rubber bung, so the connection between the plug's terminals and wire has been damaged, if the wire had snapped outside the bung i would just add a bit more wire.

The wire has actually snapped inside rubber bung, so the connection between the plug's terminals and wire has been damaged, if the wire had snapped outside the bung i would just add a bit more wire.

Mine snapped inside the rubber bung, but the rubber bung comes out!

I removed the bung and extended the wire from in there. It's been fine ever since.

the pins and wire will come out of the socket they have small tags that have to be pushed in and the pin and wire can be removed it is easier with a proper pin tool .you could try inserting a couple of pins down the sides to push the tags in and gently ease them out.you should then be able to buy the wire with terminals on the end from toyota .this is the case with volkswagons anyway .they will have the wires for wiring repairs its whether they sell them over the parts counter

ahh mine just pulled out , i looked at the sensor and didnt even attempt opening the rubber bung part lol

Mine snapped inside the rubber bung, but the rubber bung comes out!

I removed the bung and extended the wire from in there. It's been fine ever since.

I know what your saying, but the whats happened is when the bung came out of the plug the wire's coating came with it thus stripping the wire back to the copper. So i cant rewire the wire as its impossible to do anything with the non coated wire, the only option (if i dont replace the plug) is to pull out the remaining copper strands and increase the length of the remaining wire and push it back into the plug and hope its ok. I really cant see how this would work though as you cant see inside the plug to see if its made a connection.

Aaaah.

The first time It happened to me, Mr T attempted to lengthen the wire for me, was Alright for about a week and then it came loose again and POP! Limp mode. 10Mph / 3000RPM in each gear is highly annoying!

The second time I crimped some metal on to the remaining copper inside the MAF and then crimped the rest of the wires from the other side in to the other side of the metal.. Covered with Elctrical tape and it's been alright for the past... I think it must be 3 months now.

Let me guess - It's the black wire on the left hand side?

Aaaah.

The first time It happened to me, Mr T attempted to lengthen the wire for me, was Alright for about a week and then it came loose again and POP! Limp mode. 10Mph / 3000RPM in each gear is highly annoying!

The second time I crimped some metal on to the remaining copper inside the MAF and then crimped the rest of the wires from the other side in to the other side of the metal.. Covered with Elctrical tape and it's been alright for the past... I think it must be 3 months now.

Let me guess - It's the black wire on the left hand side?

Thats the one! The Plug its self looks like a generic item so that wont be expensive, its getting the additional wire that will be tricky, cutting it out of a scrapper will be the first plan. Unless Mr T sells the Plug with the wiring on it at a sensible price, not holding out much hope though :lol:

I wouldn't hold my breath either! I'm sure a Scrappy will have one hanging about somewhere for pittance!

Well, Good luck to you on sorting it anyway! :thumbsup:

I wouldn't hold my breath either! I'm sure a Scrappy will have one hanging about somewhere for pittance!

Well, Good luck to you on sorting it anyway! :thumbsup:

Cheers, Long Live the Lift :thumbsup:

problem with just lengthening that one core is that the rest of the other cables are still tight ,

lengthening the entire loom to the plug is the best way in the long term ( IMO)

good luck fixing it fella

stephen