Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A-go Or I-go?

PaulGP

When I first decided on the Aygo & got all the brochures I started calling it an A-go (rather than the real name I-go) as I didn't know the proper pronunciation at the time .

I just can't change & still call it an A-go - is there anyone else out there like me???

:lol: yeah when I first started to look at them I prounced it A-go, took me ages to get out of the habit of it, but you less likely for it to be called gaygo if you pronouce I-go :lol:

When Toyota first introduced the Aygo they produced some limited promotional T shirts with some catchy quips on them.

Two of them that I remember were:

"AYGO ALL NIGHT" and "AYGO LIKE A RABBIT" :lol:

lmfao @ the tshirts! i want one! haha

its deffo an I-go (as in, I go, we go, they go, we all go) sorta thing... afew people up here have called mine an A-go n im like, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO havent you seen the t4 adverts on a sunday morning!? lol

Here in Greece we call it I-go! But we are not so reliable as there has been a matter of national interest about how celica is correctly pronounced... :lol:

Here in Greece we call it I-go! But we are not so reliable as there has been a matter of national interest about how celica is correctly pronounced... :lol:

That's Silly car ;) :lol:

Was just about to mention that. :lol:

I was very concerned that I was not pronouncing Celica correctly and had to ask opinions.

I blame that American film star who did an advert for Toyota regarding the Celica.

Really put me in an awkward position. :(

see-lee-ka

Noooo, never :D ! In greece opinions vary, u can hear tse'lika, tseli'ka, se'lika and of course seli'ka. I put the ' mark as a sign to help you emphasize the main syllable. But i always thought that se'lika was the right one. Maybe I have to buy one in order to learn how it is pronunciated!!! :yahoo:

see-lee-ka

Noooo, never :D ! In greece opinions vary, u can hear tse'lika, tseli'ka, se'lika and of course seli'ka. I put the ' mark as a sign to help you emphasize the main syllable. But i always thought that se'lika was the right one. Maybe I have to buy one in order to learn how it is pronunciated!!! :yahoo:

I like your style, Gen 5 alllll the way.

say-lee-kah in Dutch :D

I-go is easy :P

I wanted a Lamborghini, but couldn't spell it! :P

I wanted a Lamborghini, but couldn't spell it! :P

Er................... I T...................... :lol: (I'll get my coat) :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links