Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Things To Look Out For When Buying A Yaris T Sport.

AlexMcMann

Hi, my gf is about to buy a Yaris T Sport (Y reg) and I'd just like to know if there's anything that I should look out for? I've read the reviews, and I can't really see there being much that can go wrong, but any common problems would be appreciated :D

As you said yourself there does seem to be very little go wrong with them. You will read of the odd squeek or rattle from interior parts for example but faults like that will come with every one.

I've certainly never had any problems with mine.

I think its just a case of having your buying head on and checking the kind of things you normally would with a used car.

HPI check

why are they selling

service hisory ?

how much MOT and Tax on it

how many owners, this can mean nothing but a lot in short space of time could mean something

check chassis legs that can be seen under bonnet, make sure theres no crumple signs

is there enough oil in it ? sign of how its been looked after.

give bodywork a lot of attention, most cars have had some paintwork done but nothing worse than thinking its mint then you spot bad paint when you pollish it. If you spot it when viewing car and still buy the car its okay because you knew what you were buying.

How does clutch feel? is bite point near top, is it nearly had its day? clutches on these seem to last a long long time but worth paying attention to.

How are the tyres ? although tyres are only small part of the car if you spend all your money on the car then find in a few weeks you need two tyres its a ball ache.

As you said yourself there does seem to be very little go wrong with them. You will read of the odd squeek or rattle from interior parts for example but faults like that will come with every one.

I've certainly never had any problems with mine.

I think its just a case of having your buying head on and checking the kind of things you normally would with a used car.

HPI check

why are they selling

service hisory ?

how much MOT and Tax on it

how many owners, this can mean nothing but a lot in short space of time could mean something

check chassis legs that can be seen under bonnet, make sure theres no crumple signs

is there enough oil in it ? sign of how its been looked after.

give bodywork a lot of attention, most cars have had some paintwork done but nothing worse than thinking its mint then you spot bad paint when you pollish it. If you spot it when viewing car and still buy the car its okay because you knew what you were buying.

How does clutch feel? is bite point near top, is it nearly had its day? clutches on these seem to last a long long time but worth paying attention to.

How are the tyres ? although tyres are only small part of the car if you spend all your money on the car then find in a few weeks you need two tyres its a ball ache.

Thanks mate. Yeah most of it's a given, but glad to know that there aren't any real faults :thumbsup:

check the front anti roll bar drop links are in good condition! take a hammerin when taking corners at speed. :)

its a £70 replacement job

Great to hear lads, thanks!

I'll post up pics etc when bought, but I'm sure you've seen a few as it is!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links