Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More Central Locking Woes

Jemmo

I just replaced the batteries in both my keys.

Pressing either button on either fob doesn't activate the central locking - can't even hear the 'clunk'.

So at the moment I am locking all doors manually from inside the car, and locking the drivers door with the key - the old fashioned way.

I also noticed that when all doors and tailgate are locked, the immobiliser/alarm light isn't flashing.

And with a window down, when the engine is switched off, the winows will not wind up. Normally they would up to about 30 seconds? after the engine was switched off.

I thought it might be fuse but it looks like the fuse controlling the c/locking and alarm circuit also control the drivers display, and that's working.

Any ideas anyone?

Does it sound expensive?

UPDATE - I just checked what else works/doesn't work in the hope of identifying a common component but of all the fuses and relays, there is nothing controlled by a single fuse/relay where everything on the circuit has failed.

I have identified the following items are not working;

Interior lights (both of them)

Door open lamp on drivers display

Lights left on warning when door is open

The following are working;

Electric windows

sunroof

Aircon

HRW

Instrument panel (rev counter/other lamps)

• 2 weeks later...
UPDATE - I just checked what else works/doesn't work in the hope of identifying a common component but of all the fuses and relays, there is nothing controlled by a single fuse/relay where everything on the circuit has failed.

Electric windows

sunroof

Aircon

HRW

replace the interior light bulb(s) and try again.

• 3 months later...

Electric windows

sunroof

Aircon

HRW

replace the interior light bulb(s) and try again.

No difference.

• 2 weeks later...

try the fuse marked dome

Pressing either button on either fob doesn't activate the central locking - can't even hear the 'clunk'.

So at the moment I am locking all doors manually from inside the car, and locking the drivers door with the key - the old fashioned way.

I also noticed that when all doors and tailgate are locked, the immobiliser/alarm light isn't flashing.

And with a window down, when the engine is switched off, the winows will not wind up. Normally they would up to about 30 seconds? after the engine was switched off.

I thought it might be fuse but it looks like the fuse controlling the c/locking and alarm circuit also control the drivers display, and that's working.

Any ideas anyone?

Does it sound expensive?

try the fuse marked dome

I will.

Thanks for that.

Any hints as to which fuse box it can be found in?

(Just to save time searching on these wet windy dark nights)

• 4 weeks later...

The dome fuse was blown so I replaced it.

No change.

Central locking, interior lights still not working.

I'll check if it has blown again tomorrow - if it has I guess it's a trip to a Toyota dealer.

Oh joy!

No change.

I'll check if it has blown again tomorrow - if it has I guess it's a trip to a Toyota dealer.

Oh joy!

kidderminster isnt the end of the earth-i think you aught to have a mobile electric ,man in a van who could fix it for a fraction of a toyota dealer,and if you find a good one ,it may come in useful in the future,my local mechanic gave me the man i use

• 4 weeks later...

No change.

Oh joy!

Hey - I've had the same problem - where's this dome fuse please situated?

I'm currently having issues with this...

what i tried:

-Changing the Dome Fuse (neither had blown anyway, but just made sure)

-disconnecting and reconnecting the Battery

-re-syncing the fob

I'm still having major problems. The courtesy light (in the centre of the roof, not the one closer to the windscreen) doesn't work either on automatic or manual.

The central locking will unlock by remote, but not lock. However, it will lock or unlock perfectly via the button on the inside drivers door.

And as of yesterday, using the key lock on the exterior of the drivers door will not engage the central locking to lock, only to unlock. (though it manually locks the drivers door fine, without any central locking).

That said, up until yesterday i was having an issue with the doors automatically locking themselves on the close of a door. That doesn't seem to be an issue, since the central locking will only lock from the drivers door button (still, will unlock from all sources)

I also think i should mention that the alarm sets well, each time the fob is pressed. And the clock is working fine (the one integrated in the speedo).

When you open a door when the alarm is on, you get rapid flashing of the indicators, but no horn. I'm new with the Avensis, but should the horn sound when someone breaks in? (if not, its a fairly poor security system).

Hope we all find an answer to our woes...

Martin

Any ideas anyone?

Does it sound expensive?

hello

I normally change batteries on both duty and spare keys once a year to prevent any surprises :)

Cheers/Igor

in my case i've tried both keys, and they've both been acting the same, i don't know about anyone else...

Edit: i've checked the dome fuse - it's perfectly fine.

Just checked all windows, doors, boot, bonnet, and petrol cap were sealed. Still no luck.

Fob: Unlock cycle only

Door lock: Unlock cycle only

Interior locking button: Lock and Unlock cycle

putting my troubleshooting hat on, i don't think that my problem is the same as the original in this thread, i'll take my issue to a new thread.