Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where Does Wire Go.

Scotsman

Hi,

Driving today and heard a rattle coming from somewhere in front of the front passenger area. Stopped the car and checked the glove box - nothing in there.

Popped the hood and noticed a wire with a white connector hanging loose against the bulkhead just above and to the side of where the aircon pipes pass through the bulkhead.

The problem is I can't for the life of me see where it connects to. The wire is about ten inches long sheathed in heat shrink with a white female connector that would mate with a two pin plug. Sliding the heat shrink back shows two wires one purple the other black/white.

Car seems to drive fine and no warning lights are on.

Its a 2004 Corolla Hatch 2.0 D-4D T3 PS116 on a 53 plate.

Does anyone recognize the description of the cable? Should it be connected - and if so where abouts? Two weeks ago is had a new fuel filter fitted so it could have been disturbed then.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Should also mention that the cable emerges out from the top of the bulkhead

Prob be for diagnostic of some sort for the garage to connect to when they need to check your car.

Prob be for diagnostic of some sort for the garage to connect to when they need to check your car.

Thanks for the reply man-bing.

I'm hoping its something like that maybe Parts-King can come back with something definitive. It does have a cable fixing about halfway down its length. Its like a little grey plastic stud. If I can find where that clips on at least I'll be able to stop it rattling.

Hi I have the same engine in my rolla.

When it stops raining a bit I will go out and have a look where that wire goes.

I ll report back soon :thumbsup:

Hi I have the same engine in my rolla.

When it stops raining a bit I will go out and have a look where that wire goes.

I ll report back soon :thumbsup:

smoftah - you're a star. :thumbsup:

Right just had a look and I do not have that wire there at all! :eek:

I think that wire has come loose from under the windscreen, where there seems to be many wires going and coming.

I have taken some pics of my engine so you can compare:

CIMG1047.jpg

CIMG1046.jpg

Sorry I couldn't help more

I appreciate the effort smoftah :thumbsup:

I've borrowed the receptionist's mirror - I nip out during lunch to see if I can see where the hell it goes. :unsure:

Thanks again.

Used a mirror still can't see where the thing goes :ffs:

Looks like I'll need to give some money to Mr T. :crybaby: the last time they wanted 85 quid just to code read my car. I wonder what Toyota charge to plug a cable back in. :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Should mention that it doesn't come through the bulkhead. It's actually a breakout from the main wiring loom.

You said you had a new fuel filter put on? Where was this done Mr T / Garage?

If it was I would take it back and say since the work was done, you have heard this rattling from the engine and you have come to find this loose cable.

They should take a look at it for free if they are a decent garage.

The fuel filter was done at a local indy. I've looked all around the filter and can't see where it could go.

I emailed the pic to my nearest Mr T. They said pop it along and if its a simple reconnect they said they wouldn't charge.

It's the branch to the bonnet open / closed sensor, used if the car has factory fitted alarm. It looks like yours (obviously) wasn't connected and the option tape broke over time.

It's the branch to the bonnet open / closed sensor, used if the car has factory fitted alarm. It looks like yours (obviously) wasn't connected and the option tape broke over time.

Thanks slarti54.

Just got back from Mr T. They were as ever very nice.

Had the car for 40mins but couldn't see where the cable came from, so they clipped it up out of the way.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links