Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhaust

toweylowey

i'm lookin in to gettin custom exhaust for my compressor, i'm also tempted to remove the cat aswell, has anyone done this and has anyone had problems with warning lights or goin in to safe mode?

an also any video's of exhaust would be great so can get an idea of sound cos don't want it really loud.

an has anyone noticed much difference without cat performance wise?

an will fittin a custom exhaust affect my warranty?

You have a second lamda sensor after the cat. I think this one monitors weather the cat is doing it job. If you moniter it on a scope you should see no major fluctuation in voltage when your cat is working.

If you remove the cat this sensor will will tell the ecu your cat isn't doing it job and because this is an emissions thing will bring on the mil light and also turn off vsc and traction.

Now thats just as i understand it so if anyone else wants to chip in and shot me down in flames please feel free......

I met a t sport owner who we had a run with a while back he worked for toyota mature guy. He had a decat "HE" claimed it gave him about 15 BHP due to better airflow. I would say do it but obviously with a decat you will lose your warranty, MOT Failure on emissions as Decats are not legal i think.

you could change for a racing cat but if you know someone who can do your MOT ;) then do it lol.

He worked for toyota but he didnt say anything about lights comign up you can have them turned off tho. by erasing the memory but i think the mechanics can only do that.

As for exhausts he had twins on each side on a facelift made to look like a compressor. They were not jap style big bore but slightly larger than the comperssor tail pipes with a bit more of a roar.

Keep the exhaust tone quiet or they kill the sound of your charger.

make something look good so the lead on pipe does not look fake.

custom exhaust effect warranty, even just a backbox will affect your warranty.

unless you go for original parts i think.

ive just got a custom exhaust from Hayward and Scott and ive got NO warning lights up on my dash. ive changed the hole system from the Manfiold to the back. i will post some pics and probs a vid lata, some B***ard scraped the bak of my car the day bfor i got the exhaust done, so im taking it bak into the body shop on wednesday and then ill post some pics after its fixed

can anyone tell me if theres a difference between the jap and uk cts exhausts? blitz do a box for the cts but i think its only for sale in japan. check out rhdjapan's website to look at it