Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need New Key For 03 Corolla

Zydeco Joe

Hi all,

Yesterday was a bad day for me as I lost one of the keys to my Corolla. I was getting rid of the stuff left by a carpet fitter up at the local tip and some how I must have by mistake ended up with one of my 2 normal car keys going into the skip.

I still have one normal key (Black) and the one Grey ( never used this one ).

Am I right in thinking that the Grey key is used to program the normal key or is it to program the car ???.

Can my local Toyota dealer get me a new key and what should it cost.

Have heard stories about keys costing loads.

Car is a 03 Diesel 2000.

Any body with any idea's or knowledge please.

Zydeco Joe :huh:

Hi all,

Yesterday was a bad day for me as I lost one of the keys to my Corolla. I was getting rid of the stuff left by a carpet fitter up at the local tip and some how I must have by mistake ended up with one of my 2 normal car keys going into the skip.

Am I right in thinking that the Grey key is used to program the normal key or is it to program the car ???.

Car is a 03 Diesel 2000.

Hi Joe and welcome to TOC

Take a look here for a possible answer:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...p;hl=keys+locks

Found by doing a search: Keys Locks

Hope it helps :thumbsup:

Hi all,

Car is a 03 Diesel 2000.

Many thanks for prompt reply, shows that this must be a very good forum for us Toyota people.

The only problem is the answer on the page you told me about is for loss of both black keys and I still have one, not sure if this makes any difference. I just hope it will make it cheaper still haveing the other black key and as in the last few weeks I have spent quite a bit on the car with a 5 year service and cam belt change plus a bearing change plus MOT and 2 tyres cost about £600, and as we all know the price of fuel is well crazzzzzy.

Still love the car as it runs so nice.

Thanks once again.

Zydeco Joe

Hi all,

Car is a 03 Diesel 2000.

Many thanks for prompt reply, shows that this must be a very good forum for us Toyota people.

The only problem is the answer on the page you told me about is for loss of both black keys and I still have one, not sure if this makes any difference. I just hope it will make it cheaper still haveing the other black key and as in the last few weeks I have spent quite a bit on the car with a 5 year service and cam belt change plus a bearing change plus MOT and 2 tyres cost about £600, and as we all know the price of fuel is well crazzzzzy.

Still love the car as it runs so nice.

Thanks once again.

Zydeco Joe

Just phoned my local Mr T and they tell me a new key will cost £112 and that is acording to them "cheap" as they have my key number on file ( I had the car from them ) and so they can get a key cut for me in Germany.

Will try JS Auto but as they are many miles from me would like a dealer closer.

Anybody know a midlands locksmith.

The grey key is a SUB KEY and pretty much useless to be left with just this key. The black key is a MASTER key and is needed when programming in a new key. If you lose a grey key then so be it, if you lose your only black master key then you are in trouble

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links