Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4th Battery In 5 Years

ybot

I have had a T Sport since 2003 and I am on my 4th Battery which was provided by the AA 2 years ago because my Battery kept going flat (as did both previous ones). Now my AA Battery is doing the same. I only use the car at weekends so it is flat and needs jumping every time I want to use it. It seems that a new battery is OK for 18 months - 2 years but something must be draining it slowly and eventually it goes flat. The alarm is a possibility but I've stopped using it as it goes off at random times which is a pain. Maybe I have a Friday afternoon car? Worse car I've ever had although I like it. Any ideas?

as you said you could have a drain or where you are only using the car at weekends you are not putting enough charge back in the Battery

you could try a heavy duty batery it might help

U can get it tested for a power drain. Ive seen a mate thats a mechanic test for that using a multi-meter. looked simple to do although i wouldnt know how im sure any competant mechanic would know. may be worth a visit to one.

Worse car I've ever had although I like it. Any ideas?

Only using the car at weekends will eventually flatten any Battery after 2 years. There will be a constant drain as you said, the alarm, clock etc.

It’s like going on holiday for a week, every week, calling it the worse car you’ve ever had is a bit extreme. Try it with another car and see what happens.

I see that you have two choices, first one is to disconnect he Battery for the week so there will be no drain. It’s a two minute job to tighten the leads back onto the terminals.

Second is to buy a Battery trickle charger. I’ve seen them that plug into your cigarette lighter with solar panels that sit on the dashboard keeping the battery topped up

Problem solved :thumbsup:

Click

Click again

and again

Second is to buy a battery trickle charger. I’ve seen them that plug into your cigarette lighter with solar panels that sit on the dashboard keeping the battery topped up

Problem solved :thumbsup:

Click

Click again

and again

Problem not quite solved ............................the Yaris cigarette lighter socket requires the ignition to be turned on to bring it "in circuit"

Solar Battery chargers can be used but on the Yaris they should be attached directly to the Battery terminals via a suitably fused connection.

Maplin recently had a solar charger unit in their sale...................not sure if it is still available.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links