Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm A Muppet Who Can't Drive

Oli

BAD BUZZ BUD........ :(

but thats easely fixable if you go to the wright panel beater,new years eve last year i got rear ended buy a woman who did'nt look were she was going,she did €4000+ damage,i thought my car was a goner for sure,but the panel beaters who do jaguar in cork had it back to me in a better condition than it was before the accident.

mycar.jpg:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::crybaby::crybaby: .... went xmas shopping and got into a argument with someone in argos because he didnt' know what a que was <_< .. then got back to my car (which i parked next to a trolly park in a multi-story car park) pulled away in my 6 week only brand new celica and BANG. i hit the post of trolly park at 20 mph, and wrecked the door, skirt, side pannel, etc...... now the car is a right off!!!!!. i creid like a baby when when i got out of the car to see the damage, but now i have no car!!!!!! :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Has it damaged underneath, cos it don't look like a write off! Anyway sorry to hear your sad news as if Christmas shopping aint stressfull enough! Feel for you mate.

cant the chasis be jigged back??? i think thats what they call it, car goes on this yoke of a thing and hey presto straightend bent bits.if it's done wright the car gets like a special test then cert to say it's 100% safe fixed properly and road worthy........

Jesus mate, when did you find out its a write off? i mean i feel like s :censor: t afta what i did, but you must be hurting big time, im sorry to hear that mate, its such a :ffs: :censor: g nice car :crybaby:

Tom!

sorry to hear about your car oli, your not a bad driver you were just unlucky....

I guess the insurance will supply you with a brand new celica because it is so new???

Thats really hard luck mate.....

What category write off was it??? I'm sure its fixable, its not asif you slammed into it sideways at speed!!!!!

I'd look into gettign the car off the insurance company and fixing it if I were toy mate.

You aint a bad driver, bad drivers hurt, mame, injure, and usually at speed, I rekon 90pc of the population who drive will have a car park prang at some time, your just way unlucky! it maybe worth asking for a second opinion?

Or....your gonna pay for it on the insurance, with hicked premiums etc so think of it a new year a new start, you gonna get another brand new motor so at least enjoy that part.

Hey tonights the night you end the 2003 chapter of your life its a whole new year tommorrow! B)

What insurance company you with Oli? If the car is only 6 weeks old then they should be paying its full replacment value!!

Have they actually made you a settlement offer? If you still get no joy then get in touch with the insurance ombudsman.

Oh & remember to take out gap insurance next time.

S :censor: dude its written off!!!!?

Jesus and 6k down.

So you gonna buy another car or what?

Guess the money they have given you back needs to pay off the finance on the car huh?

What insurance company you with Oli? If the car is only 6 weeks old then they should be paying its full replacment value!!

Have they actually made you a settlement offer? If you still get no joy then get in touch with the insurance ombudsman.

Unfortunately in most cases you get the market value and as soon as you buy a new car you loose a big chunk of its value.

:o :huh:

dunno what to say mate... I really feel for ay bro...

your options now..

- Get a second opinion

- Try and get the damage seen by a mechanic who may be able to repair her

- if it can be doen find out if you can buy the salvage rights and fix her up (if you got the time and energy)

- Buy yourself anther one with the 15k but get a 2nd hand one as depreciation is a !Removed!...

- Get a 6th Gen GT4 for half the monies you got back from the Insurance...

hope things work out for ya mate.. i really do... let us know what you decide...

Gutted for ya mate :(

I reckon you should get an independent to look at it, I agree with Karma, that does look fixable. Buy it back off the insurance company get it fixed and you shouldn't be too much outta pocket <_<

Best of luck with it anyway :thumbsup:

Unfortunately in most cases you get the market value and as soon as you buy a new car you loose a big chunk of its value.

A lot of insurance companys now will pay you invoice price for at least the first 6 months!

this stinks :angry:

Oli - I had a similar situation with my first IS.

7 weeks old, 1700 miles on the clock - some daft old bird in a POS fiesta tries to turn right at a junction and go through me.

I had a fight getting it written off (as it was badly damaged, chassis damage same as yourself)

But once it was written off I received a brand new car, as it was within the first 12 months.

Have you accepted this offer of £15k?

Who is your insurance company?

Read your policy documents carefully.

Do not accept the £15k until your know what you are contractually entitled to.

Post back here and let me know what your docs say.

Yea dont accept that offer. Remember it is an OFFER. Dont take it as final. It is a really really sh :censor: tty experience to go thru but you should go thru insurance ombudsman as dub_boy sez. For £21k fight them with everything you can.

[now the car is a right off!!!!!. i creid like a baby when when i got out of the car to see the damage, but now i have no car!!!!!!

Sorry for the dumb question. What's a Write off???

So they're saying is unrepairable? I think not, I've seen half cars became one again...

If I were U, I'll try to repair it and sell it ASAP to anybody. :(

I dont know how insurance wotk in EUROPE, but here U can do that.

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

Looking at the Picci...that isn't a write off! A write off if it costs more to fix...that the cost of the car....so they are saying that will cost more than 21K to fix....I don't think so.

IF indeed it has bent the chassis beyond repair....then I'm never getting that car!! are they made of Tin foil or something? Dragging it down the side of a post should never bend the chasis. Like jeeze you can run into a brick wall head on at 30...and it's still repairable in line with safety standards.

Insurance company is trying a fast one. Sure it says Market Value...but turn this around.... to replace it with like for like...you have to PAY Market value...ie 21K!

It's not just a matter of how much the car is worth...it's how much it will cost to replace like for like.....use that argument and you will get much further.

but I agree with you in one repect...what were you thinking parking next to a trolly park!!!! You must be mad!!! Peeps just throw the trollies in from some distance usually...woops...drifited a bit...ah it's hit that car...pity...walks off!

Vipes.

A write off is generally 60% of what the car is worth, and that looks nothing like it.

Ah, OK! I agree, it does not look like more than 60% of the total cost.

Oli, dont let them do that! there's certaily other way to fix it!!!

I remember my case and the blue wire... they think they can lie to us and we are going to bite it!!!

I suggest a second opinion too...

Coyote from BA

Argentina