Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking For Corolla Gti Engine

m4hfu3

im looking for a corolla gti engine to put in my corolla for an engine conversion...

does anyone know any for sale or a corolla gti going to the breakers???

thanks

im looking for a corolla gti engine to put in my corolla for an engine conversion...

does anyone know any for sale or a corolla gti going to the breakers???

thanks

I'm afraid i can't help you with finding a breakers motor but i'm curious as to what corolla your going to put it in. Its just that i'm wanting to do the same to my 1.3 '87 GL E90 5 Door 'Rolla. I've seen that Fen Sport have lots of parts:

http://www.fensport.co.uk/

Keep us posted as to progress, i'm trying to save money for a black-top 4a-ge 20v with 6 speed gearbox.

adios, Mo.

im looking to put the engine into a 1.6 gli 5 door saloon... ive been told the engine bay is big enough and my gearbox should be ok aswell but preferably like the gear box to come with the engine...

i can only seem to find whole gti cars so im thinking of buyin one taking the engine and whatever else i need and then scraping it...

fensport looks alright might give them a look into...

Please bare in mind that if doing such a conversion then electrical/electronic items will also be required hence the idea of 'getting a complete scraper' may be a better option (providing engine IS alright).

Also note your vehicles may require catalytic converter etc - AE92 was produced till 1992 thus a 'pre-cat car'; more work for you to make it comply with latter emission laws - although has been done.

Why do you want to do a conversion? surely the purchase of an actual AE92 GTi would be better (you would have handling/braking to match) in the long run.

Finally 4AGE engines are becoming harder to get ... ... a lot of Kit car enthusiasts have took a shine to them.

Good luck.

im thinking of doing a conversion because i dont actually like the way they look... ive modified mine to look nice so i was thinking of putting the 4AGE engine in coz its a good engine... and handling my car it actually better as ive droped it 40mm all around on stiff coilovers so around bends it sticks to the floor like a magnet...

thnks for the advice i will keep that in mind if i decide to do it...

fensport didn't have any engines last week and didn't know when they were getting any, useless :angry:

Please bare in mind that if doing such a conversion then electrical/electronic items will also be required hence the idea of 'getting a complete scraper' may be a better option (providing engine IS alright).

Also note your vehicles may require catalytic converter etc - AE92 was produced till 1992 thus a 'pre-cat car'; more work for you to make it comply with latter emission laws - although has been done.

Why do you want to do a conversion? surely the purchase of an actual AE92 GTi would be better (you would have handling/braking to match) in the long run.

Finally 4AGE engines are becoming harder to get ... ... a lot of Kit car enthusiasts have took a shine to them.

Good luck.

Will a later 20v not run without the cat then? I was hoping to ditch it (with a conversion) as i dont have one now.

Why not get a normal GTi? Well its partly because I love the shape and look of the Gl 5 door but also its metallic gold with a brown/yellow tweed interior which is well kitch. The other reason for doing it was beause they never released a hot version of the 5 door over here (i read that there was a Gti version in Australia called the 'SECA') It would make an ultimate street sleeper. Was planning on doing nothing to the exterior except some black spindly alloys (and suspension of course).

So far i'm still doing bodywork, getting under the car with the ol' drill and wire brush getting rid of surface rust (it is 20 years old!)

Thanks for the help and advice!

im thinking of doing a conversion because i dont actually like the way they look... ive modified mine to look nice so i was thinking of putting the 4AGE engine in coz its a good engine... and handling my car it actually better as ive droped it 40mm all around on stiff coilovers so around bends it sticks to the floor like a magnet...

thnks for the advice i will keep that in mind if i decide to do it...

Hi can i ask what springs and dampers you used? I too want to upgrade the handling on my 5 door (partly out of necessity, i think the shocks are orignal from '87!) and am looking about for products.

Cheers

Mo.

im not actually sure you know... i gave it to my mate to do all i know it came back lowered and much stiffer and the handling became much better... no body roll at all and becoz its long as its a 5 door saloon i bigger centre of gravity i think it actually handles really well... i have a few frends with civics and audi a3's and they have said my car handle much better lowered than theres...

ill ask my frend what he did and let you know... i think 40 mm is too much i had to get the arches removed as well and the ride is very uncomfortable...

makes your bum hurt lol