Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nail In Tyre

Devil-ish

So mad :censor: . Got a flat tyre not so long ago n found it was a BIG nail in it...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. OK had it repaired - cost £16!

Now........... its going down again! So hubby checked it and got another nail in it <_< . This time I'm gonna by a new tyre - OK my choice.

BUT I'm thinking is it bad luck or is someone leaving nails for me to drive over???? :ermm: I dont think its at work cos I've been there a year now and several of us park in the same area with no other punctures. And - it goes in a garage at night. Just soooo mad :ffs: I really cant afford this at the moment.............sighs

Like you my daughter had two punctures within a matter of weeks :(

Just a case of bad luck I am sure :unsure:

i replaced my front tyres as one had a cut from when the ex owned it and kerbed the tyre (wasn't bad but thought better safe than sorry) and a matter of weeks later , a cut appears in my tyre grrrrrr (i may have done it myself but still annoying )

Bad luck i'm sure but annoying :(

I think its just down to lack of luck, possibly worth getting someone (namely Les) to give the garage floor a seep just incase.

I would also say that you don't necesasascessarily need to get a new tyre, I know you said it's your choice but, you can quite safely have up to 4 repairs carried out on a tyre as long as they are spaced about (1 per quarter of tyre) personally I wouldn't have more than two... so if you have the wonderfully expensive (for what they are) sized tyres then don't be put off getting it repaired again. You can even try to pick up a full sized wheel from a breakers at a later stage and use it as a spare? (obviously buying a new tyre at the same time)

Oh!.. nearly forgot....

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

;)

The last car I had did 25,000 miles on one set of tyres, no problems. Five miles into a new set of tyres and I had a nail in one of them. People who fitted the tyres said nothing we can do you will have to buy another for £120. Phoned around and found a repair centre who did the work for £25.

Some people win the lottery and others get nails in their tyres, now then, heads or tails?

Hey look on the bright side..you got nailed ;) , most on here dont :lol: boom boom :rolleyes:

Anyway, check for local contractors we had some very shoddy workman doing the house opposite us up and I ended up to a nail in the tyre and had gone very flat (wish I had noticed before I drove off :rolleyes: ) and so did several neighbours, they left, we cleared up, month later they were back :ffs: nails in tyres again!! Evil Sarah was unleashed on builders :bash::chair:

:hug:

SJx

same. when i got my new wheels couple of weeks later and a nail was in it. repaired for 15 squid.

If you do decide to get a new tyre then tyre shopper have the Yokohama a-drive for £39 fitted. Just had them put on the front and they seem better than the original continentals. I've heard they wear a little quicker, just have to see on that one.

You can even try to pick up a full sized wheel from a breakers at a later stage and use it as a spare? (obviously buying a new tyre at the same time)

Thats very bad luck :(

The Aygo is one Toyota car that comes with a full sized (Not a spacesaver) wheel as a spare.

Also most Toyota dealers offer a FREE puncture repair service (If the tyre can be legally repaired)*

*Sticker found in the wheel well of my Yaris and my sons Aygo says so, .......................................not yet needed to try this fortunately :thumbsup:

I had a nail in my tyre for the past 6 months only had it repaired a week ago and thankfully all is well.

Hope you get it sorted hun.x

Also most Toyota dealers offer a FREE puncture repair service (If the tyre can be legally repaired)*

Forgot to mention Kiwik fit repaired my puncture for free :D

:lol: You can't get fitter than a Kwik Fit fitter...........................did you flutter your eyelashes at him?? :lol:

:lol: You can't get fitter than a Kwik Fit fitter...........................did you flutter your eyelashes at him?? :lol:

I would have but he wasnt looking at my eyes :rolleyes::lol:

they always do stuff for free for me, I did ask them once why and he got a bit defensive :huh: think they just cant be ubikd to fill out the paperwork :lol:

Also had a nail in one of my tires. Cheap fix tho, prices here are way lower than UK prices... cost: ~£2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links