Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tns 400 Ipod Connection

b350king

Hi all. Just picked up my Yaris SR Diesel, brilliant little car but confusion reigns over how to get my ipod working with it. Now the ipod will not work with the USB connection on the front of the TNS400 unit so obviously its a dedicated lead needing to be connected into the back of the unit somehow. My Toyota dealer said I need to get the lead from Halfords or somewhere like it but, it strikes me that this lead is proving to be the forbidden fruit, in other words it's out there but the manual states and shows that an ipod will work with the purchase of an extra lead but doesn't state how to acquire the said lead. Does anyone know a part number from Toyota or indeed from Halfords, or, even if the lead exists!!

One other thing, in the TNS-400 mannual it states that you can purchase a front Audio cover (Optional) for times that you do not have the Tom Tom unit fitted and even advises this to be fitted, so does anyone know where you can get that also??

Hi all. Just picked up my Yaris SR Diesel, brilliant little car but confusion reigns over how to get my ipod working with it. Now the ipod will not work with the USB connection on the front of the TNS400 unit so obviously its a dedicated lead needing to be connected into the back of the unit somehow. My Toyota dealer said I need to get the lead from Halfords or somewhere like it but, it strikes me that this lead is proving to be the forbidden fruit, in other words it's out there but the manual states and shows that an ipod will work with the purchase of an extra lead but doesn't state how to acquire the said lead. Does anyone know a part number from Toyota or indeed from Halfords, or, even if the lead exists!!

One other thing, in the TNS-400 mannual it states that you can purchase a front Audio cover (Optional) for times that you do not have the Tom Tom unit fitted and even advises this to be fitted, so does anyone know where you can get that also??

There is a dedicated lead that is supplied and fitted by toyota i had mine fitted in may its not the normal yaris one as they ordered first so be aware when you ask them the one i got was about £120 fitted works great until your tom tom goes bang every week .

There is a dedicated lead that is supplied and fitted by toyota i had mine fitted in may its not the normal yaris one as they ordered first so be aware when you ask them the one i got was about £120 fitted works great until your tom tom goes bang every week .

I have this fitted to my SR. Lead is APPROX £80 +VAT and around £40 fitting. The technician needs your iPod and Tom Tom to enable the connection. Just fitting it to the HU will not enable it to recognise an iPod when connected.

As said in previous post, it should be sourceable by Toyota.

Hi,

Just to agree with everyone else, I also had the ipod lead fitted by my dealer (as a sweetener to make up for all the problems I've had with the stereo) and it is indeed the one which fits into the back of the stereo not the front.

• 2 weeks later...

I used my original usb lead that came with my ipod,works fine no problems

I used my original usb lead that came with my ipod,works fine no problems so all of you who bought a dedicated lead wasted your money.

I used my original usb lead that came with my ipod,works fine no problems so all of you who bought a dedicated lead wasted your money.

I too have no problems with the usb lead that came with my ipod. as long as sat nav is working!

Well that's just your opinion. I didn't actually pay for mine the dealership fitted it FOC BUT it is still a far better way of connecting your ipod than having a cable coming from the front of the stereo. The ipod connection end in my car is down by the handbrake so it's nicely out of the way and looks really neat.

It's all a matter of personal preference which method you choose but for you to suggest that those forum members who have decided to pay for the dedicated ipod cable fitted have wasted their money is totally out of order IMO.

On my stereo in my apartment it has a usb port for plugging your ipod into. What it dident say was that the songs had to be MP3 format and not the standard AAC that itunes encodes by default. Maybe thats why the ipod lead dident work? who knows :)

I have this fitted to my SR. Lead is APPROX £80 +VAT and around £40 fitting. The technician needs your iPod and Tom Tom to enable the connection. Just fitting it to the HU will not enable it to recognise an iPod when connected.

Does anyone have a part number for this cable. I am trying to get one fitted from Toyota but my dealer seems unable to find it and asked me if i know the part number ???? :(

Do you have an invoice with it on for example

any help appricated

Does anyone have a part number for this cable. I am trying to get one fitted from Toyota but my dealer seems unable to find it and asked me if i know the part number ???? :(

any help appricated

I'll try to find it for you and post it here tomorrow

any help appricated

i-pod accessory TPZ422-00332-00

any help appricated

i-pod accessory TPZ422-00332-00

Top Man :thumbsup:

I'll pass this on to my Toyota dealer

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links