Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Plan And Mot

johnan

I paid for a three year service plan when I bought my Aygo as I thought the cost wouldn't be so noticeable when included in the price of the car, rather than having to find the cash every year.

I am quite happy with my decision but I wondered if the first MOT test would be included in the third year service.

I tried to find paperwork saying what is included in the service plans but so far I have failed, so I e-mailed my local MrT, who sent me this reply:

"Thank you for your email and my apologies for the delay in responding.

The service plan entitles you to have a 50% discount on the cost of every MOT carried out on the registered vehicle.It also entitles your friends and family to get a 25% discount on an Mot test.

Unfortunately, the first MOT is not free but is chargeable.

Regards"

I thought it might be of interest to some people.

It would be nice to have the total MOT test fee included.

Has anyone with a service plan had to pay for a full MOT, or not paid at all?

I took out he 3 year plan like yourself in March this year & was told by the saleswoman that it DID include the first years MOT. I haven't given it a thought since - but will have a check through the paperwork to see if I can find anything to confirm this. It would be good to find out what other people have been told & their experiences with this.

Let us know if you find out anything in writing, Paul.

It all seems a bit vague, and depends on how the dealers are feeling on the day the MOT is due!

I have not paid for any parts so far, and they changed the oil and filter and topped up the washer fluid (First service)

I just drove the car in, left it and went for a walk, came back, was given the service paperwork and drove away.

No money was asked for, for anything.

I expect to pay for brake parts and wipers, for example in a future service if required, but will not have to pay for labour for the fitting of them.

We include the MOT in our service plan. I think you need to speak to the service manager

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks Kingo,very interesting!

Is there any documentation I can refer to, to verify Toyota policy, or is it indeed just left to individual dealers to say they will include the MOT, if asked, to help a sale along but not include it "if they can get away with it"?

Not in your case obviously!

The Toyota World service plan that I have for my MR2(which has just hit 3 years) does not include the MOT.You do get 10% off the MOT plus any parts/accessories that you buy.

I think service plans vary depending on which dealership group you are with.

I think there is a bit of leaway with the plan, you can give discounts or offer a free/subsidised MOT. The plan administrators have a pot of money you pay into and which they pay out of, to the dealer, for service, MOT etc. I dont think they have to give an MOT away free, but MOT's are an ideal way to make contact with the customer and ensure any problems arising can be sorted, we only give the first MOT free, subsequent MOT's are discounted

Kingo :thumbsup:

i signed my paperwork a month ago at rrg stockport and the mot was included in mine, even states it in the paperwork they sent me by post later

hope this helps