Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help!

orcrist_1986

On the way to work this morning was stuck behind a van, trundling along.

Went to overtake when i got a clear stretch, put it from 4th to 3rd, and the engine management light, TRC and VSC lights all came on.

Is this something to do with the MAF sensor as i've just fitted a Typhoon and the wire seemed pretty stretched?

Any help appreciated

Cheers

On the way to work this morning was stuck behind a van, trundling along.

Went to overtake when i got a clear stretch, put it from 4th to 3rd, and the engine management light, TRC and VSC lights all came on.

Is this something to do with the MAF sensor as i've just fitted a Typhoon and the wire seemed pretty stretched?

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Pop the bonnet and have a look at the plug running from the wiring harness, one of the wires must be either snapped or will have become detatched inside the multiplug. I am currently going through this pain and have become an expert in the all the possible fixes, so keep driving in limp mode and dont worry it is repairable :thumbsup:

Let us know whats happened to yours, and i will give you some answers.

I had a quick look at the side of the road this morning but couldnt really see much, but will look into it a bit further.

The black wire closest to me when looking at it seems to be the culprit if its the multiplug, that seems to be the most stretched

Are these generally the lights that come on if there is an engine management issue?

I was quite suprised that the TRC and VSC lights came on as well.

I had a quick look at the side of the road this morning but couldnt really see much, but will look into it a bit further.

The black wire closest to me when looking at it seems to be the culprit if its the multiplug, that seems to be the most stretched

Are these generally the lights that come on if there is an engine management issue?

I was quite suprised that the TRC and VSC lights came on as well.

That little black one will be the culprit, push it back in and disconnect the negative Battery terminal, leave the Battery disconnected for at least 10 mins. Then reconnect and switch the car on, if the circuit has been made then lights wont come back on. Obviously if they do then you have the same problem i have. Mine snapped totally and stripped the wire inside the multiplug :(

cheers mate, will check this over later on and will let you know :)

Just checked on my lunch and its the same as yours matey.

The wire has snapped completely inside the multiplug, i can see the copper in there and nothing in the wire itself :angry:

Is there any way the multiplug can be rewired or will I need a new one?

Just checked on my lunch and its the same as yours matey.

The wire has snapped completely inside the multiplug, i can see the copper in there and nothing in the wire itself :angry:

Is there any way the multiplug can be rewired or will I need a new one?

These are the options:

Find a car thats being broken and get the part of the wiring loom - i couldnt!

Purchase the whole loom from a breaker! - £75 was the average cost i was quoted

Go to Mr T ask them to consult the "Wiring Repair Manual" and order the bits you need (Plug/Terminals/Wires), i have done this at a cost of £26 (i had to push Mr T to do this) my car is booked in with an Auto Electrician i know who will remove the old plug and wire the new one to the old wires plug it in reset the ECU and hopefully she will be back to her best!

Or this Saga will go on for even longer!!!

cheers matey

will have a look around and see what I can find!!

Why couldn't K&N make it come across by about another half inch :rolleyes:

Or Mr T make the wiring loom a little bit longer.

I know someone that works at the Toyota plant in Derby, might ask him if he can get any old wiring looms from anywhere