Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Not Starting

scottf51

Hiya

Just wondered if anyone else had seen any problems with starting an Aygo? I have only had mine 4 weeks but recently (since the heavy rain, although this may be a coincidence) it has not been starting the first time I try and turn it over, it either makes no noise or a single tick like its going to do something but it doesn't (although the radio etc goes off too like its going to start), seems to always start second time of trying. It does start first time some of the time but its probably about 50/50 at the moment. Its an Aygo platinum MMT, any yes I know you have to put your foot on the break to start them ;)

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks everyone,

Scott

Take it back... if u can get it started :D ha!!! I'd expect that from a 10 year old car.

Had the same problem recently. I think I was starting it too quick though. Since then, I find if you turn the key so the dash lights come on, then wait a few seconds until you hear the 'whirring' stop, then start it, it should be fine :) Something to do with the fuel getting pumped to the engine I believe

Had the same problem recently. I think I was starting it too quick though. Since then, I find if you turn the key so the dash lights come on, then wait a few seconds until you hear the 'whirring' stop, then start it, it should be fine :) Something to do with the fuel getting pumped to the engine I believe

I don't think that is it, pretty sure I wait a while anyway,used to have aturbo diesel so got used to it, will try and leave it a bit longer than normal though, thanks for the idea :)

thats something i always do is let the ignition lights go out, cant see that affecting your problem tho

As said, uve only had it 4 weeks so i think its gonna be a trip back to toyota :X

Hiya

Just wondered if anyone else had seen any problems with starting an Aygo? I have only had mine 4 weeks but recently (since the heavy rain, although this may be a coincidence) it has not been starting the first time I try and turn it over, it either makes no noise or a single tick like its going to do something but it doesn't (although the radio etc goes off too like its going to start), seems to always start second time of trying. It does start first time some of the time but its probably about 50/50 at the moment. Its an Aygo platinum MMT, any yes I know you have to put your foot on the break to start them ;)

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks everyone,

Scott

Ours always starts straight off, though sometimes I wait for the lights to go out, because I had old fashoined diesels before where you had to wait for glowplugs.

(Other thing it now has 58,000miles on it and nothing has broke apart from two headlamp bulbs, I put them on dip when it rains which is alot :ffs: driver's seat cover is well worn though, think it could be because of the rubbish flat seat combined with corners.)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links