Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Tints

whitty1982

hi, has anyone tinted their aygos windows????? if so any pics???? did the blck edges pose any problems????

ive been quoted 145 for all five windows professionally fitted with lifetime guarantee etc

been thanking about having it done, I think it will look good and protect my interior from being red hot in the summer lol

even though it keep flippin raining

:P

If you tint the front side windows you will be breaking the law.... so please don't get it done :nono:

its only if they are of a certain darkness that it becomes illegal, light smoked isnt a problem

Light tint on it's own is just about legal, however don't forget that the glass is slightly tinted already - this takes it over the legal shade in most cases :(

If you tint the front windows in your car... you will be pulled over by the police constantly. I have contacts in the Traffic Department; front tints in any form = bad news. Everything is more of less illegal from the Manufacturers tints.

I have been wanted to tint mine but when I said about just doing the back three a few people said it would look like a van :( so didnt bother, no win situation really

exactly. thats why you can only have the back 3 windows done to essentially turn it into a van.

I'm having my rear windows done soon; to keep stuff from being exposed to the sun and to stop people people being able t se into the back; although i'm getting them done smoke - not midnight which means its dark but not dark enough to look like a van - more compliments the car :)

its only if they are of a certain darkness that it becomes illegal, light smoked isnt a problem

You are wrong.... once tinted the glass must still allow 70% of light through, but as has been already said, the windows are already tinted so additional tinting will become too much for it to remain legal.

But if you feel you know better then go ahead and get it done :blink:

Take a look at my car.... don't you think Mr Toyota would have done the front windows if it was legal to do so :huh:

LandC1.jpg

i tinted the wifes aygo rear windows, black strip actually helps get a clean line around the edge.

Badboy that is a superb bit of information :thumbsup:

Maybe one of the administrators of this forum can give consideration for such links to be posted somewhere so that other members can have easy access to a wealth of links to such info.

Remembered seeing it when looking into tints. There was a great video on youtube aswell I will try and find that.