Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Pad/disc Change

johnan

I intend to change my Aygo's discs and pads in the near future and have been trying to find information on doing the job, but without success.

I have changed disks and pads on many cars over the years but the caliper arrangement on an Aygo is not a design I am used to.

There is an excellent internet article on doing the job on a Corolla, but the calipers do not look the same.

Has anyone come across a write up of a pad change on an Aygo (with or without disc change..it looks very straightforward once the caliper is out of the way), or on a car with the same type of caliper?

There does not appear to be a workshop manual available yet

I've not found any articles, but when you do yours take some photos and do a how-to

Early in the year Toyota had a workshop manual on there website, but it's no longer available to us :angry: wish I'd cached all the pages now, it would of come in very useful

I saw the manual before it was removed...wish I had taken more notice at the time.

I will try to remember to do a "walk through" if I get the chance, hopefully someone else may be able to give some advise too.

I had another look at my calipers and they DO seem to be the same as those in the "how to" article below:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=56738

So hopefully the job will be just as straightforward on an Aygo!

let us know please of anything differnt from that post.

Here's a picture of the Aygo brake caliper parts. I think it looks the same

brakeod0.th.gif