Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Car Should I Get?

Macca.17

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

I think ill invest in a autotrader magazine.

Thanks for all your help guys, Much appreciated :thumbsup:

Tom!

That was from autotrader.co.uk mate you need to register to be able to narrow the search right down there was on 2 sr's nationally on the autotrader.

Simon

Yeh im registered... i just had a quote for that sort of car....anyone wana hazard a guess how much they want for me to be insured on it?????

Tom!!

Go with the Starlet mate...

Cheap everything for a year.... You'll have some money for everything then. (When the insurance pay up)

Hi macca

Yeah i would go for a starlet SR as they are going to be cheaper than a yaris sr to buy and you might even have a few change back to start modifying the car too thats your best bet :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Well brace yourself... for the starlet they want £3,100 n thats 3rd Party!!!!!!! ao :censor: that!!

I mite look into a yaris SR <_< but what sorta price could i pick one of them up for?

Tom!!

Well brace yourself... for the starlet they want £3,100 n thats 3rd Party!!!!!!! ao :censor: that!!

I mite look into a yaris SR <_< but what sorta price could i pick one of them up for?

Tom!!

£3,100 for a 1.3 starlet SR. They are bloody man. Jesus they are really tough on young drivers today. I remember when i was 18 and i wanted a Nova SR 1.3. They wanted £850 fully comp. I told them to :censor: themselves. So i went out and got a 1.3 Astra and that was £350 pounds fully comp. Same bloody engine as well :o

jerry!!

hi tom

looks like the yaris sr is group5 £5000+ mmm and starlet 5 who was the insurance with and looks like you might need to get a cheap £500 car and go TPFT looks either way your shafted but you never know new car might cost less to insure.

maybe a cheapo ford ka say? then move back to toyota in 2005 and pick up a new yaris turbo or whatever they will call it.

www.onestopcaradvice.co.uk/insurance_groups/

Tom!!

:censor: :censor: :censor:

Keep on trying mate.

im gona buy a rite old nail , and basically if i did smak it up id just throw it away so i wudnt have 2 claim, hiopefully ill gonon my own insurance try n get a NCB if i have a nail, and then in a few yrs buy myself a nice car.

That for all your advice guy!! :thumbsup:

Tom!

Hi macca

Dont give up mate. You might be able to get yourself something nice and insure it at a descent price. Keep looking :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Hi macca

Dont give up mate. You might be able to get yourself something nice and insure it at a descent price. Keep looking :thumbsup:

jerry!!

I've got to 2nd that..

What about a Mk2 Golf?

At 17 the insurance on pretty much anything will be steep but my first car was a 1.6 litre Golf Driver. I still have it now and it's always fun to drive... Not as reliable as a Toyota but it's built like a brick :censor: house (so it's not the fastest 1.6 on the road but still...) and mine hasn't really gone wrong apart from the usual wear and tear stuff. Above all I've always found the handling to be great which just makes it a bit of a fun car to drive.

To be honest I'm surprised mine's still going as I trash the hell out of it on a daily basis (I have to - It's too slow for me otherwise). I've even managed to make the clutch almost entirely disintegrate before. The mechanic at the garage it got towed to gave me a bit of a <the spuds of lurrrrvve>ing for that :thumbsup:

Edited by jerry phipps

I can sympathise with being young and being involved in a crash.... sorry to hear it, as it was one of the worst things that happened to me insurance wise. Luckily my car has survived 2 crashes, and a year and a half on the insurance has become more reasonable - but straight after the crash it was horrendous!

Unfortunately your choices are going to be limited really, and I know it's going to be tough for you to step down from a YTS to anything cheaper, older and slower.

Sorry to hear about it mate, and at least you came out of it in one piece and no one died :thumbsup:

Pav

Sorry to hear about your crash, and as pavlitos said, your choice will be quite limited.

if the starlet is group 5 and the quote was £3100, i guess you have to look at probably lower group cars such as a micra or smart car.

Nevertheless, don't give up looking for it and let us know how it goes ;) :thumbsup:

Kenny