Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.0 D-4d - Power, Reliability And Economy?

Paulq

I recently sold my 1.4 D-4D as it wasn't quite powerful enough for me and I am looking at possibly buying another car. I have seen a 2.0 D-4D Corolla Colour Collection with 24k on the clock and wanted to ask a few questions:

• It's the 116 bhp version - is this significantly more powerful than the 1.4?
  • What's the economy like?
  • Are there any reliability issues or particular problems with this model?
  • Is the engine the same as the 1.4?

Any other relevant info really appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

I recently sold my 1.4 D-4D as it wasn't quite powerful enough for me and I am looking at possibly buying another car. I have seen a 2.0 D-4D Corolla Colour Collection with 24k on the clock and wanted to ask a few questions:
  • It's the 116 bhp version - is this significantly more powerful than the 1.4?
  • What's the economy like?
  • Are there any reliability issues or particular problems with this model?
  • Is the engine the same as the 1.4?

Any other relevant info really appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Hi,

I have a 2.0 D-4D 2006 on a '56' plate.

I have covered 43,000 miles in this short time and no problems what so ever with the engine!

Never driven a 1.4, but I have heard it is slightly quicker in low speeds but on the motorway at higher speeds it is much better.

The engine is completely different to the 1.4

On the motorway when I drove with economy in mind I got 66 mpg, mix of town and motorway I get 53 mpg, and if I am going for it I get 45 mpg.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Hi Paul

Our D4D Corolla has done 30.000 miles on 06 plate 114bhp just took it into dealer to have gearbox rebuilt dealer said un common on corollas (warranty claim) but it hasn't put us off we love it very economical and powerful.

Gazza

Great moter!

Done 60k in mine - £230 for the timing belt from Toyota which isn't that bad TBH.

No problem apart from the squeaky clutch, faulty door seals and the cd player falling out (all fixed under warranty on an 2004)

It's perfect on the moterway and gives great MPG figures.

My only complain is the 'Wobbleness' when pushing it a bit ;)

If you want a car that will go all day long with no problems then buy one!

I got the 2l over the 1.4 as there was more of them, not much difference price wise and over 60+ you could tell the difference between the too.

The 2l easily pulls upto 80-90MPH quite rapidly and will easily keep up in the 3rd lane if you catch my drift!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links