Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Ractis For Uk?

geoffb

Does anyone in the know have any indications that the Ractis will appear at some point in the UK? As I understand it, it effectively replaces the old Yaris Verso in Japan and is built around much of the current Yaris platform and running gear.

It looks like a really good small MPV - certainly something I would consider at next change out. In Japan the auto option is CVT which I assume is different from MMT (which I would be wary about). I think it would give the Honda Jazz a serious run for its money.

Think they might need to change the name for the UK though - bit too much like 'Racist' :rolleyes:

Have a look here for some piccies Toyota Ractis

Very doubtful seeing as it was launched in October 2005, I’m sure we would have seen it here by now if Toyota planned it for the UK market.

Very doubtful seeing as it was launched in October 2005, I’m sure we would have seen it here by now if Toyota planned it for the UK market.

You could well be right though markets can take a while to be developed and needs change so I didn't see the 2005 launch as a barrier in itself to it appearing in Europe at some point. I know the Yaris Verso (which I had two of) was discontinued in the UK because of a poor take up. However, with fuel prices and the popularity of small mpvs both on the up I had wondered whether it might appear at some point. The Ractis is certainly a better looker than the old Verso. Maybe the (Corolla) Verso is seen as a near enough equivalent here :(

Maybe the (Corolla) Verso is seen as a near enough equivalent here :(

Agreed :thumbsup:

I thought that when I first saw it.