Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ts Upgrade Or Not?

yakimov85

Hi guys, ive been a member for a while now but not really been upto date with the topics :unsure: . But anyway i have ts 02 and its got 78k on the clock, may seem like much but i used it for school, uni and work so its always bin my lil run around. So now im finished uni and iv looked into upgrading it a little and mayb spending around £4000 on it, but is it really worth it with such high milage?! i also have a few scratches on the bumpers and the doors so its due for a paint over anyway! iv also got a service lined up in the next few months to make sure it dont die on me!

So anyway what you guys think, is it really worth the investement and following it up with upgrades when it has 78k or just buying something more powerfull and start working on that (ie black RX7 - fettish :P)

I'd get a new one personally. You've done what I have, having a TS through school, and I've just finished my first year of uni, and I'm planning on getting a new car (Clio 255 perhaps) at the end of uni (once I have a job!). You may as well buy a faster car as you can now insure it with a few years no claims under your belt.

Or if not, there's a supercharged (well looked after) Yaris for sale for 7k i think, would be better than upgrading yourself probably.

yea kimi, i member hers back in 2005 when i was on forums then, and read all bout the supercharger, but at the end of the day, my car is just right for work cause i have to travel alot, 100 miles a day, so fuel consumption is great atm, and new car will jsut destroy my funds, so i could get a second car for fun and do that up... wat u think?btw bearing in mind student loan repayments lol

yakimov85 welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Its always nice to upgrade to a bigger more powerfull car, i did it with my s15 :D

however you have to take into account running costs like,petrol, insurance,tax.

also if you upgrade to performance parts they cost more on bigger cars.

Another thing is you get a little nervous when parking it anywhere and leaving it,

as it does attract unwanted attention :shutit:

Like Mat-O said theres a supercharged one in the for sale section :D

i'm sure if someone made a good offer it would be accepted :rolleyes:

p.s the supercharger does not effect the fuel unless you are in boost,

it can be driven like a standard tsport all day.

Well I suppose it's up to you then, if you can afford it get a new one, if not keep that. Buying a second car may end up costing more than just replacing it, as you have 2 lots of insurance to pay.

Suppose the bottom line is a new car will cost you money, just depends if you're prepared to spend it.

In your shoes I'd imagine that supercharger must look mighty tempting if you want more power but to keep the economy...

Keep it :thumbsup:

Spend a bit to smarten it up and bank the rest of the cash for a rainy day.

78k on a T-Sport is nothing; it will keep going long after many other makes/models are on the scrap heap :yes:

cheers man, thats what i wanted to hear,just wandering i gues whats the milage on some of these tuned ts' i know kimis got barely 26k on hers but wat bout everyone else out there...is 78k too late to start modding? :unsure:

is 78k too late to start modding? :unsure:

It’s just run in :yes:

My biggest piece of advice is to get it serviced ASAP

Get that oil CHANGED NOW!

The engine will keep going as long as you give it fresh oil (mine is done every 5k)

:thumbsup:

hey yakimov

it seems u have the same probleam as i did. mine TS has done 80k but im still gonna spend money on it. i think the yaris is a really reliable car and not much will go wrong on it (just trear and wear). i was gonna lower the car and put new head light in and rear untill i had my licence taken off me, but it wont be long till i get her (TS) back on the road.

So i think its not to late to start as i have already got my stuff waiting to be put on when i get her back.

Hey dude,

If it was me, I'd consider selling the Yaris and pumping the extra cash into a Nighthawk Black Civic Type R EP3 (2001 - 2006 model). I used to have one before down-grading to a Yaris T-S and it's just like a grown up Yaris only with twice the power and pretty much 50% more of everything else. I know it's not a Toyota but I'm sure you wouldn't be disapointed; the only bummer is the group 17 insurance. But they are fantastic cars and looks a proper midnight club racer in Black.

You should get a mint 03 plater with low miles for your cash and sale of the T-S.

Good luck,

Yumma

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links