Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi

JustinH

I've posted a few times already, but just realised I've not actually said hello properly yet. How rude of me. So, HELLO! :D

Had my Aygo since March, and one of life's true pleasures is still going somewhere just because. Finding a road and just seeing where it goes, with no real destination in mind. Love driving my Aygo around, it's simple, pure, unadulterated fun.

Had a moment this afternoon that was a perfect case in point... There was crap on the radio station that was on, so I switched over and The Who came on. Now I'm not an aged rocker or anything like that (32), I just really like that song (teenage wasteland or something, I dunno). The feeling however was great. Sun shining, stereo blasting, windows down, shades on. Going round bends as fast as I dare and all the lights staying green, just for me. Love it!

On the flipside I really do think I should give Mr T a call regarding my clutch, as I've always thought the bite point was very high. Initially I thought it was just me being fussy, but after reading the post about it I had second thoughts. It's never been easy to be smooth when releasing the pedal as there's so little pedal movement left after the bite. Also, went to a local motorshow today and sat in the 107, C1 and Aygo and all their clutches felt 'tauter', for lack of a better word. It also pings too when I release the pedal. Assume it's the cable. So they can have a look at that too while they're at it.

Otherwise, I'm dead chuffed, the cars everything I need and more. :)

Well welcome to the club properly ..lol

Glad your are liking the aygo, mine had its 2nd service yesterday and I asked about the clutch and the recent post, and they had a look but all is fine, it is really high though.

SJx

Hello!! Welcome - now you've started posting dont stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm like you just :wub: my Aygo more each day...............

Welcome. Got mine in March as well & am loving it - agree with all you say. Motoring at it's best!

Thanks for the welcome folks, much appreciated.

As per the clutch modification thread....

Took the Aygo down to the local dealer this afternoon. They adjusted (I think I remember this correctly) the bite point via the cable, and the pedal stop. To be honest in the short trip home from there the bite point still feels like it's around about the same sorta place (close towards to top end of the pedals travel), but the pedal definitely has less travel overall and feels tauter and more controllable. Will see if I notice more difference during the drive to work in the morning.

They also appear to have cured the 'pinging' noise, which was some bearing or something popping back into place when the pedal was released.

I know I know, I should of paid more attention when the girl at the dealer was explaining to me what they'd done, but I was too preoccupied with her.....ermm....eyes.