Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Actuator

yellgt4

on the standard actuator on the st205 there is 2 outlets, i have purchased a hybrid turbo that has come with an actuator with only one outlet. the pipe from the turbo to the actuator has a t piece in for the tvsv. Does anyone know if this setup will work ok, the other problem i have is that the boost seems lower now with the new turbo than it was with the standard one. could this actuator be the problem. should i fit the standard actuator on or could it just be adjustment. thx in advance

on the standard actuator on the st205 there is 2 outlets, i have purchased a hybrid turbo that has come with an actuator with only one outlet. the pipe from the turbo to the actuator has a t piece in for the tvsv. Does anyone know if this setup will work ok, the other problem i have is that the boost seems lower now with the new turbo than it was with the standard one. could this actuator be the problem. should i fit the standard actuator on or could it just be adjustment. thx in advance

The t piece should work fine effectively it's exactly the same thing just done in the pipe rather than on top of the actuator. Lower boost most likely actuator adjustment.

However in order to get the best out of the hybrid you really need a remappable ecu and ideally separate electronic boost controller. On the stock ecu you will most likely find the Hybrid a bit slow on spool up and could have fuelling issues if the APR's not checked as it will be flowing a lot more than standard.

The t piece should work fine effectively it's exactly the same thing just done in the pipe rather than on top of the actuator. Lower boost most likely actuator adjustment.

However in order to get the best out of the hybrid you really need a remappable ecu and ideally separate electronic boost controller. On the stock ecu you will most likely find the Hybrid a bit slow on spool up and could have fuelling issues if the APR's not checked as it will be flowing a lot more than standard.

cheers mate, will try adjusting the actuator a little. i would be happy just to get standard boost back

cheers mate, will try adjusting the actuator a little. i would be happy just to get standard boost back

No Worries just remember that even at stock boost the hybrid will still be flowing more air (That's the whole point) and hence you really still at least need to get the AFR checked before driving it too hard...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links