Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Change

celica140sport

hi all

just booked my car in for a oil and filter change, before ive had 10w40 in but that seems to go down quickly (£25 at kwik fit) ive just booked it in for its 2nd oil change and this time im putting in 5w30 and its gone up to a 45 pound job at kwik fit. is this oil going to dissapear at a slower rate in my 140?

Because the 5W30 is thinner at operating temperature than 10W40, your 140 may well use more Oil.

As 5W30 Semi is roughly the same price as 10W40 Semi, the price rise MAY be due to Kwik Fit using 5W30 Fully Synthetic such as Castrol Magnetec, you should check on that. Hopefully you will be supplying Kwik Fit with a genuine Toyota Oil Filter and not a pattern part.

In your situation, I would also supply the Oil, Halfords 5W40 Fully Synthetic.

no they wont use any parts i supply i have already brought 10 litres of 5w30 i just wanted the engine flushing ect because its got 10w40 in at the moment and i didnt want to mix them. well if it goes down even quicker after this 10 liters ill just have to convert back to 10w40 but im hoping this 10 liters lasts longer than 4 months.

Having a small amount of 10W40 left in your Engine won't make any difference whatsoever so flushing is not necessary.

If they refuse to fit a Toyota Oil Filter...go elsewhere!!!, most owners who care for their rides wouldn't let Kwik Fit anywhere near their Cars anyway.

Pattern Filters have been shown in independent tests to have inferior filtration qualities compared to OE.

well the celica isnt my pride and joy ever since i found out it needs a new engine. so kwik fit will do seeing i havnt got the time to do it myself. and besides they did a good job in the last oil change

had the oil and filter change 5w 30. just gone a 400 mile trip and used no oil at all. things looking up