Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ss-ii Super Strut Import Owners Please Help!

moog-SS-II

hi everyone,

i need to get some straight answers to sort my suspension.

i have gen6 1994 celica ss-ii with the super strut suspension. my front offside spring is broken. this causes horrible oversteer when cornering right hard.

ROUNDABOUTS have become a demanding task.... :ffs:

posts seem to suggest the suspension is identicle to the gen 6 gt4 st205 *aside from the rear shock mounts*.

does this mean the springs for a gt4 super strut will fit my ss-ii???????

the garage i have been using are SCARED, i am goin crazy, please give me a clue guys!

thanks for your help! :thumbsup:

Moog

hi everyone,

i need to get some straight answers to sort my suspension.

i have gen6 1994 celica ss-ii with the super strut suspension. my front offside spring is broken. this causes horrible oversteer when cornering right hard.

ROUNDABOUTS have become a demanding task.... :ffs:

posts seem to suggest the suspension is identicle to the gen 6 gt4 st205 *aside from the rear shock mounts*.

does this mean the springs for a gt4 super strut will fit my ss-ii???????

the garage i have been using are SCARED, i am goin crazy, please give me a clue guys!

thanks for your help! :thumbsup:

Moog

Can't help but driving with a broken front spring is madness.

hi eire,

when i say broken its snapped right at the top of the spring. but yeah, not good to drive at the mo. appreciate ur advice, let me know if anything comes to mind regarding parts.

moog

hi eire,

when i say broken its snapped right at the top of the spring. but yeah, not good to drive at the mo. appreciate ur advice, let me know if anything comes to mind regarding parts.

moog

i think the gt4 is a stronger spring have a word with www.fensport.co.uk i believe they do the springs for both superstrut and macpherson they will tell ypu if gt4 are same :D

steve,

you are an absolute diamond mate :thumbsup: fensport just sold me their LAST set of springs for an ss-ii superstrut. they are specific as you said, gt4 has stronger springs.

the spring set i bought was manufactured by TRD. once i get them i will get the part number on here for anyone else with the same.

the line has been discontinued for while so sorry to anybody after them if i just bought the last set in the uk! :lol:

alex

nice one mate glad your sorted :D

I had the same problem with mine and found the trd springs but wanted more than a 25mm drop so i went to coilsprings and if you send them a set of springs they can lower them for you to whatever drop you want then they powder coat them in red so they are like a new set for 100+v.a.t that includes postage back. hope that helps anyone stuck!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links