Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Rattle

turnby

I have a very annoying rattle when traveling on bad roads/ potholes that's coming from the boot. At first I thought it was the spare wheel and kit but then found out that it's coming from the door itself.

Took off the cover and everything looks safe and nothing loose, quite sure it could be the rear wiper motor (sounds like metal hitting against metal)

Anyone had this issue or similar?

I have a very annoying rattle when traveling on bad roads/ potholes that's coming from the boot. At first I thought it was the spare wheel and kit but then found out that it's coming from the door itself.

Took off the cover and everything looks safe and nothing loose, quite sure it could be the rear wiper motor (sounds like metal hitting against metal)

Anyone had this issue or similar?

That is an old problem.............................the reason is usually because the hatchback release mechanism is dry and in need of lubrication :thumbsup: (A little grease will do the trick)

I had the same problem when i bought my yaris, the boot was only clicking into the 1st lock not the 2nd and was rattling like mad.

I just took all the rubber seal off and put it back on ensuring it was on properly all the way round

I dont know if its the same problem, but mine rattles quite loud due to my subwoofer :P but u can really hear it outside of the car. I never really bothered to sort it out, but i was thinking of jus stuffing some material inside the boot lid to stop the parts vibrating? i dont kno if that does anything tho..

i have same prob with my sr found it to be the parcle shelf : put a bit of padding on the lip of the shel and it stopped :)