Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speaker Wiring

pete21121

Not sure if im allowed to do this, but here goes. Posted this in the audio/video/electronics section a few days ago, and aint got any replies yet - so hoping for some more luck here ;)

Hey guys,

Ive finally got round to putting my new speakers etc in my car.

Problem is ive got no idea how to wire up the 6x9s i bought for my parcel shelf. My headunit (sony CDX GT220, if it makes any difference) says it can handle up to 4 speakers.

Seeing as the yaris already has 4 speakers (2 dash and 2 door), how would i be able to add the new 6x9s? I dont mind disconnecting the dash speakers if needs be, but im sure theres a better way of doing things.

Cheers for the help

oh yeah, speakers are...

Dash - stock for now

Door - sony XS-F1335

6x9s - pioneer TS-A6903i

well you can get a wire loom from toyota which puts the current 4 Speakers on one channel so you can use ur 6x9's on the other. So when you fade the sound the rear would be + and the front 4 Speakers would be -. Does that make sense??

Then you'd just need to splice the cable at the right place for ur 6x9's....

I know this from one of our yaris coming with factory fitted rear Speakers and i was going to copy it using my own speakers. But never actually have done. I have the loom somewhere.

Sure other people who have actually done it will be here soon so explain there way.

hey cheers for the reply.

And yep that makes sense =)

Thing is, ive been looking for that wiring loom youre talking about. Found ones that look very similar to what i already have---> http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/toyota-yari...174-p-3082.html

and currently using the fade control, '+' is the dash Speakers and '-' is the door Speakers.

I assume the one youre talking about is different - any idea where i can get one (internet wise), or would it be easier to just give toyota a ring? Had a check on eBay and the ones i could find didnt seem to be any different from the one i already have. Dont happen to have a part number for the one i need do you?

thanks again.

AH - s'ok. think i got it now - just stumbled across another post about the same(ish) thing. Come to think of its possible one of the white connectors isnt connected to anything, so i assume thats where im meant to put my 6x9s.