Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another Front Speaker Fitment Question

Scarface GTti

Hi there. I`m just looking at upgrading the Speakers in my girlfriends Aygo Platinum. First question is does anyone know what fitting depth is available on the front and back Speakers? Also does anyone have any experience of the Infinity 42.7I Speakers? They look like they may be an improvement on the standard speakers, but not sure if their fitting depth of 47mm is too deep? Ta

I bought the infinity REF4022i for the front but couldn't get them to fit dispite trimming the dash. I ended up putting them in the back. Instead I got the pioneer 1076 for the front. Fairly decent and fit in without a problem. If you search them your see a few people have used. I would say get them for ease of installation.

Uum, i`ve had a look at other posts and may have dropped one. The car is only a week old so the girlfriend wants it looking standard. I`ll be keeping the standard tweeters, so i`m guessing i don`t want Speakers that have a built in tweeter? From what i gather i just want 4 component Speakers? So any ideas as to a decent component speaker without fitting issues? Many thanks.

I think it be best to get some regular full range Speakers. All four of mine have tweeters in but on my head unit i have the high range turned down to help balance.

So i`ve had a look and i`d like to go with the Pioneer 1076 up front and Infinity in the back. Will this do the job with the standard headunit? Do i have to unplug the original tweeters or are they ok? Any help gratefully received.

So i`ve had a look and i`d like to go with the Pioneer 1076 up front and Infinity in the back. Will this do the job with the standard headunit? Do i have to unplug the original tweeters or are they ok? Any help gratefully received.

I kept mine tweeters connected but didn't test without as they sounded fine to me and would of required recrimping to connect them back. I didn't test much with the origional headunit as I had already ordered a replacement one. The Speakers sounded a lot better but the biggest quality upgrade was noticed with the new headunit.

Just to note when I put the infinitys in the back I had to make the holes in the plastic a fraction bigger. I just shaved it with a stanley knife. The cones fitted fine it was just the clips for the screw holes didn't line up.

Also I wouldn't of thought you would have any problem taking the opportunity to install larger Speakers in the back. Maybe some 5"? In hindsight I would of done this. If you have plans to add a sub it may not be worth it.

BadBoyVTEC, those 7" must sound really good. I can imaged all the air in the panel helping with the sound. Was it hard to fit them?

Scarface GTti, nice, what did you decide to go for?

I have got a video of them:

th_100_0082.jpg

I have since changed the HU and removed the EQ so it sounds miles better now. The tweeters are really great but you can only truely enjoy them in the back or if you fold the passenger seat all the way back.

The Speakers arrived today. I got the pioneer TS-E1076 for the front and the Infinity for the back. I think i`ve made my mind up on the Alpine ida-x001 for the new headunit. Saves me shelling out for the bluetooth kit she wanted.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links