Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spoiler - Removal?

gordypix

Does anyone have a HOW TO on removing the Toyota Spoiler from a Gen 7.

I think one of the nuts have come loose as it seems to be moving so need to have a look.

As usual on these cars how to do such a thing is not apparent and I don't want to break anything...!

I think one of the nuts have come loose as it seems to be moving so need to have a look.

As usual on these cars how to do such a thing is not apparent and I don't want to break anything...!

Its very easy, i removed mine in under 30 mins.

Open your boot, on the inside of the boot there is a phillips screw inside the handle, remove this.

Pull the boot lid plastic off, which is held inplace by lots of clips.

You should then be able to undo the 10mm bolts, 2 either side of the spoiler, and on in the middle.

Pull the spoiler off... which is stuck down hard by some 3m dbl side tape.

Open your boot, on the inside of the boot there is a phillips screw inside the handle, remove this.

You should then be able to undo the 10mm bolts, 2 either side of the spoiler, and on in the middle.

I saw the screw you mention and did undo it but I didnt realise the boot plastic was able to pull off easily so put the screw back.

Will have another look tomorrow then. Thanks.

The boots plastic clips don't break when you remove it do they???

I saw the screw you mention and did undo it but I didnt realise the boot plastic was able to pull off easily so put the screw back.

Will have another look tomorrow then. Thanks.

The boots plastic clips don't break when you remove it do they???

The clips are pretty tough, the same white clips which hold the side skirts to the car....

i pulled it from the top (towards the glass) downwards and a few clips had to be removed from the metal work with pliers as they came off the plastic, but no damage was done.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links