Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Control Installation

Hoovie

Is there a way to fit cruise control to a 4.3 (2.2d XT4) using standard bits?

Jedi would seem to be your man regarding adding OEM CC to a car where it is not already fitted. Send him a PM maybe?

Has anyone got a list of parts or built an install guide this is one feature I wish I'd got on mine for when I'm towing.

For the 4.3, it looks as if the wiring, steering column connection point, and connection to the ECU (connector E7, pin 5, according to the 2004 wiring diagram) are all there, so it's just a question of fitting the CC control stalk to the steering wheel [documented in other posts] and plugging it in.

For the 4.2, from the information I have, CC was offered as an option from July 2003 onwards on the D4D. It's possible that some cars built before this date might have a suitably-enabled ECU (being optimistic), or not. And may, or may not, have the necessary wiring and connectors.

My own 4.2 was built June 2003. No wiring or ready-connector, and I won't know about E7 pin 5 (CCS) on the ECU until Toyota look at it on Monday.

On the Apr.2003 wiring diagram, there is no CCS connection to the ECU shown, and no CCS stalk control. On the 2004 wiring diagram, both of these are shown. The stalk switch has 2 connections: one to E7 pin5, the other to ground.

But, if you're still following, my car has the PTC heaters, and these aren't shown on the Apr.2003 wiring diagram either!

Hey, ho. Will let you know.

Chris

• 5 years later...

I appreciate that this is an old thread, but is it likely that a 2004 XT3 D4D will just need a cruise stalk to enable cruise control?

Just installed mine into a 07 XT4, piece of cake and took around 30 mins times I was disturbed for a few things. 

Great thread and run through. 

16 hours ago, sataerial said:

I appreciate that this is an old thread, but is it likely that a 2004 XT3 D4D will just need a cruise stalk to enable cruise control?

Check the clutch pedal for the disengage switch, if thats there then disconnect the Battery and pull the air bag off to see if there is the connector.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Check the clutch pedal for the disengage switch, if thats there then disconnect the battery and pull the air bag off to see if there is the connector.

Thanks Steve, will have a look at weekend, sorry for the delay in replying, been a bit wrapped up with work. :)