Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3rd Year Service Tomorrow

Smithy07

Hey all ,

It's that time of year again , where i need to take my loved one in for his yearly service ... It's his 3rd (my 2nd) and i'm rather worried if i'm honest ... I think i posted a while ago about a creaking noise ... well this is now a rattling noise when stationary and squeaking as we go along ... I'm hoping it's nothing serious but was wondering , if it is and warrenty covers it , do i just pay for the service and they get the parts and fit them ?

Also been quoted £169( i think, tbh i couldnt hear) , seems a bit steep for an itermediate service to me ... I asked about an MOT and they said they do it in sept when the car is 3 ... surely it makes sense to do it all in one go ???

I don't really know the point in this topic ... i think i'm just airing my concerns ...

carry on as you all were haha

Smithy

I wouldn't bother turning up if they are charging you £169 to change the oil and kick the tyres. Take it to a local independant, the warranty is still valid if they are vat registered and use a toyota filter. My 2nd service was £105 compared to toyotas £185.

I wouldn't bother turning up if they are charging you £169 to change the oil and kick the tyres. Take it to a local independant, the warranty is still valid if they are vat registered and use a toyota filter. My 2nd service was £105 compared to toyotas £185.

I don't know any trusted local ones and tbh i don't have the time to look ... i have the money to spend so i don't mind ... just wondered if this was normal for toyota

If you have some things that potenitally needed fixing under warrantly wouldnt you have to take it to Mr T? as I did pay begrudgingly the £185 but I also needed several bits done under warranty? although I suppose you could take two seperate garage trips, Have you mentioned the rattle etc beforehand so its still techinically within the three years if it can be done on warranty?

If you have some things that potenitally needed fixing under warrantly wouldnt you have to take it to Mr T? as I did pay begrudgingly the £185 but I also needed several bits done under warranty? although I suppose you could take two seperate garage trips, Have you mentioned the rattle etc beforehand so its still techinically within the three years if it can be done on warranty?

yea i mentioned it to them , which is the main reason i'm taking it in now and not in a month's time . I also want to ask about the lowering of the clutch but i'll ask that when i'm there .

I know its probably too late, but you do really need to shop around - I got my 3rd service carried out by an official Toyota dealer for £112 including the MOT. We had to travel around 30 miles to get to the dealer but combined it with a shopping trip so it wasn't a problem. This also included a wash and vac of the Aygo.

See my previous posting about this:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...&hl=service

I know its probably too late, but you do really need to shop around - I got my 3rd service carried out by an official Toyota dealer for £112 including the MOT. We had to travel around 30 miles to get to the dealer but combined it with a shopping trip so it wasn't a problem. This also included a wash and vac of the Aygo.

See my previous posting about this:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...&hl=service

yea it is too late .. in total it was 155.57 ( i mustve mis heard them ) Like i said , i dont have the time to shop around and tbh ... i quite like my toyota dealer :) Update : Breaks have 75% wear on them and the discs need skimming , i have a slight oil leak and there's a new clutch kit out via a service bulletin which they said they'll do as its covered by warranty .. I need to pay for the discs/ pads (cant remember which @ £83) And while i'm there , i'll get the MOT Sorted . Overall , i'm pretty happy ... the noise has stopped ( I think ) So that's all ok and the car felt much better to drive than it has been but i dunno if thats a physoclogical thing haha

So the cars now booked in for 18th August and i'll be using a courtesy car :) They attempted to clean it.. one thing i'm not impressed with ... got some oil as well ( bit miffed as i'd just bought some but was the wrong type ) think it was £8 ... i know i can get it cheaper but i am a bit lazy and just cant be bothered

yet another pointless post over :)

Glad you are getting it all sorted out!

What is the problem with the clutch that needs a repair kit to remedy?

What did you report as wrong, or did they find the trouble themselves?

Sorry to be so inquisitive, but I dont want to be out of warranty when my clutch "fails"!

Glad you are getting it all sorted out!

What is the problem with the clutch that needs a repair kit to remedy?

What did you report as wrong, or did they find the trouble themselves?

Sorry to be so inquisitive, but I dont want to be out of warranty when my clutch "fails"!

the clutch hasn't failed ... i asked about getting it lowered as someone on here had advised of a memo that's come out saying that all aygos need the clutch lowered and they said they cant find that memo but there is one advising that the current clutch is prone to premature wear but there's a new kit that stops this and theyve said theyll do that while im having stuff done... it's free and under warranty :thumbsup:

I told them that i had a rattle noise and the nice man sat in my car as i pointed it out ... he siad it sounded like something had worked it's way loose and they'd try and find out what it was ... i got my car back after the service and the engine seemed better and the noise had stopped so i don't think it was anything serious .. at least i hope not :)

All in all ... yet another pleasant experience with Mr T :D

Was it the romford toyota?

yea (one just off gallows corner ... ).... whyyyy ? lol

As people have said you could go to an independant garage for a service and not invalidate the warranty if they are vat registered and use genuine Toyota parts....but..........

Would this garage note all the parts that could be changed/ work carried out under Toyotay warranty when they service it?

The last Aygo i serviced went away with - Front discs skimmed, new clutch + release bearing, 2 x new wing mirrors, new water pump and new radiator.

Good value for money id say :)

Mart. ;)