Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Start/extended Crank On Corolla 1.4vvti

typer

Hi!

My girlfriend owns a 2005 Corolla 1.4vvti hatchback.

Since a few months ago, when she comes over at lunch time, after the meal the car exibits a no start or extendend crank time. It doesnt start at 1st time, 2nd or 3rd but at 4th or 5th time she rotates the iginition.It may also happen when after coming from work the car stays outside and before going to sleep the car is placed inside the garage...

The car went to Toyota services in warranty where they replaced the Battery saying it was dead. But the beahaviour of the car didnt point any to dead Battery since the starter was rotating full power, it was like there was no combustion or spark.

Meanwhile while googling I found this video that exemplifies in perfection what the problem is:

After finding so many corolla users with the same problema I found this Service Bulletins:

http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=corollatsbbx4.jpg

http://matrixowners.com/tsb/T-EG053-06.pdf

They all address the same issue, but they are for the 1.8vvti engine(1ZZ-FE) the 1.4vvti is 4ZZ-FE.

The Portuguese Dealer (Salvador Caetano Porto) denies any problem with the car, and says that there is no known no-start/extendend crank problem on the 2005 corolla model which is no true as one can see clearly...and the problem is hard to be repeated on the dealer garage because its very very random! We could not repeat it for ourselves.

My thing is if someone could point me the PDFs or JPGs of the Bulletin that refers to the 1.4VVTI with the same problem I could prove the dealer is wrong and/or lying...and with those service bulletins I would know what parts are causing the problem and have them changed...

Thanks for all the help you can provide me