Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mud Flaps

bobster

Hi there!

Has anyone out there got fitting instructions for mud flaps on the Aygo+ -I'm hoping my other half will fit mine tomorrow. The front pair look easy - pre drilled holes, the back pair look a bit more tricky.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi There.

My two pence worth......

I bought Fronts and Rears.

Fitted the Fronts carefully...... 2 minute job.

Put the Rear ones in place, marked for the holes,

fetched drill & bits......

Decided not to bother.

Since then, I'm happy with the Fronts, they catch a lot of road debris

and stop the sills being marked.

I never have any dirt up the rear of the car other than that which

is dragged up due to aerodynamics.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the rears but if you do,......

Measure VERY,VERY carefully.

Start with a VERY small drill, measure again.

You can always drill bigger but as far as I'm aware, you can't "un" drill something.

(There are many times I've wished I could).

Ian.

Seems strange no fitting instructions were included with the mud flaps :S

try having a look around the AIM: http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/Aim.aspx?menuitem=1

had a quick glance and couldnt find them, but should be there

Thanks for the link - plenty of information there for future use, but unfortunately I couldn't find anything about mud flaps either.

The front flaps are pre drilled but the rear need the bumper drillinng to accomodate the screws;

Instructions should have been supplied if purchased from Toyota

Measure twice, drill once as was always drummed into my head by my teacher (and now mate) from school.

You will also need to remove the rear wheels to do an accurate job, but if you take your time it really is easy to do. ;)

I never drill the rear bumper when fitting the flaps. They should come with self tapping screws so just screw them in - bumper is pretty soft so they go in easily.

Mart.

Thanks for all the advice - I'll have to discuss all the options with the fitter of the mud flaps and maybe also contact the dealership where I bought the mudflaps to see if they have instructions they can let me have.

I never drill the rear bumper when fitting the flaps. They should come with self tapping screws so just screw them in - bumper is pretty soft so they go in easily.

Mart.

Quite a bit of pressure is needed to get the screw to bite into the bumper so I would still drill a very small pilot hole as this will prevent the self tapper from skidding across your shiney new paint. ;)

Mart.

Quite a bit of pressure is needed to get the screw to bite into the bumper so I would still drill a very small pilot hole as this will prevent the self tapper from skidding across your shiney new paint. ;)

I guess it depends how good you are working with tools - i personally wouldnt bother but, i work with Toyotas everyday so im used to it.

Your parts dept should be able to get you fitting instructions if they are available from the EAPM system.

Mart.

I guess it depends how good you are working with tools - i personally wouldnt bother but, i work with Toyotas everyday so im used to it.

Mart.

Hey Mart, maybe you work with my lad, he's on the Auris build line. He too is confident like you, but us lesser mortals need all the help we can get! :D

Mart.

Hey Mart, maybe you work with my lad, he's on the Auris build line. He too is confident like you, but us lesser mortals need all the help we can get! :D

Hi Aygo - bloo. :D

I dont work at Burnaston. Im a dealership tech, i think id get a little bored on a line - not really my thing. A few people from our place have left to work at burnaston though. I hear you have to work a week of nights - that right?

Mart.

Urgh, working nights could be alright so long as your not too tired to do anything during the day. It would give you a chance to get stuff done.

My lad works 2 weeks of days followed by 2 weeks of nights and by all accounts it's very hard graft on the line. I don't envy him at all, but it's good £££!