Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing Existing Cd Player

Multiplex

Hi Guys,

I've spent ages looking through to threads understanding how to install a new CD player.

My 2000 Yaris has a Toyota branded CD player installed already which I want to replace with one that has USB and an FM radio as the radio is no longer working.

Two questions:

1) As I'm just replacing the existing Toyota CD player do I still need to buy an ISO cable?

2) How do I fit the aerial for the radio?? No one has ever mentioned this in the other guides! Do I have to take it from the existing radio and feed the cable down to the new one??

Any help much appreciated.

Simon.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay well I found out the answer to my own questions:

1) The existing Toyota CD player (branded Toyota) is not ISO compatible so yes you do need to buy a new ISO cable. As I was in a rush I had to buy it from Halfords for £13.99 :-(

2) The aerial is actually connected to the Tape player even though it doesn't look like it also does the radio stuff too. So it's easy to unplug the aerial from the tape player and to stick it in the new CD head unit.

By the way, I bought this JVC G441 and I have to say it looks and sounds awesome. It sas USB and Aux in and was only £59.99 from Amazon (via newimaginecarhifi).

41ekDTcidGL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Simon

Hi Guys,

I've spent ages looking through to threads understanding how to install a new CD player.

My 2000 Yaris has a Toyota branded CD player installed already which I want to replace with one that has USB and an FM radio as the radio is no longer working.

Two questions:

1) As I'm just replacing the existing Toyota CD player do I still need to buy an ISO cable?

2) How do I fit the aerial for the radio?? No one has ever mentioned this in the other guides! Do I have to take it from the existing radio and feed the cable down to the new one??

Any help much appreciated.

Simon.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links