Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ice Blue

Angelicevil

Right, I haven't been keeping up to date regarding Aygo developments and whilst looking on their website regarding the possibility of trading in my current Aygo for a new one after my hire purchase term ended I noticed that the Ice Blue isn't an option as a colour option.

When did this happen?!?!?

:crybaby:

Possibly when they introduced the new Aygo Blue with the Slate Blue colour - possibly the replacement for Ice Blue

hmm that doesnt sound right, the Ice blue is a colour option from the plus model, Lagoon and Slate blue are special edition models. Maybe they are reducing the colour options for the plus?

hmm that doesnt sound right, the Ice blue is a colour option from the plus model, Lagoon and Slate blue are special edition models. Maybe they are reducing the colour options for the plus?

If you go onto the Toyota GB website and play about with the Aygo Configurator it doesn't give you an option to have any version of Aygo in Ice Blue

Just looked at the webiste and the plus model, which was the only model that you could get the ice blue in, now says the colour options are silver, red, carbon quartz and SLATE blue :(

CLICKY

Seems sad, my first Aygo was an ICE blue, was a lovely colour!

There seems to be some things changing on the configurator, the 'plus' is now showing as only available in Chilli Red or Carbon Quartz.

I also noticed that for some reason it doesn't give you the option of aircon on the 'plus' if you choose a 5 door manual car, but does on the 3 door, and also on the 5 door MM engine.

I hope this just means the site is screwed up as I'm planning on ordering my car tomorrow and won't be doing it if I can't get the specs I want.

gordonh - in relation to the colours I doubt the site is screwed up. I just checked the website for my local dealer from whom I got my current Aygo and they're only offering the chilli red and carbon quartz as colour options for the + model.

I'm absolutely heartbroken because I really wanted my next car to be ice blue, but it looks like it will have to be a second hand job now, and even then that's if I'm lucky as second hand Aygos seem to be like gold dust now round my area.

Well judging by the aircon situation pointed at above(aircon available on all plus models except 5 dr manual), I think something is screwed up on it.

They might be in the process of changing some of the options in the next week or so due to the new plates coming in a month.

Definitely a possibility when it comes to the air con situation that the site isn't quite up to scratch but there definitely isn't any doubt that ice blue doesn't exist anymore now. :(

Ice Blues always been a tricky colour to market though.... it's not very "manly" so guys won't buy it and if you want a blue car, the Lagoon or Slate Blues are "more blue" and if you want silver, you just buy silver - it's too close to Silver in colour and that's never a good place to be - Silver is a big seller.

Like with the Yaris, Ice Blue was only available on the Mk1 P2 models for a very short space of time, the majority of which were special editions.

Sorry to say but they wouldn't discontinue the colour if it didn't sell! Car colour is a huge market - the colour of cars can dictate resell values and all sorts, it probably just wasn't a big enough seller so they switched to a colour that probably would be - a darker blue.

Good points made there, and it is the state of the world we live in, if a company wants to survive they've got to go with what's popular. Looks like I gotta either get a second hand one or get one resprayed!! I liked the ice blue because it was neither outright silver or blue - I'm odd, me :D

I was attracted to the Aygo in the first place because it looked different to everything else out there and when it comes to cars I have to admit I like something a little different.