Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Steering

Bunbegs

Daughter has just bought a 2001 Mark 1 Yaris 1.0 GL. I have driven the car and it feels very odd as there does not appear to be any self centering on the steering. needs to be turned back to the sriaght ahead position after turning the wheel - Are all Yaris 's like this or is ther a problem with the steering?k

my old 1litre yaris was like that aswell- never caused any problems once you got used to the squintyness!!!

my old 1litre yaris was like that aswell- never caused any problems once you got used to the squintyness!!!

Thanks.Just feels kinda weird after driving a car with "normal " Steering

The car has electric power steering. It has a controller which needs to have the Zero Point set properly. In other words, the wheels and steering components are set up fully, put in their straight-ahead position, and the controller is Zeroed.

Knowing where the Zero Point is, the controller can correctly deliver the appropriate steering assistance as needed.

Click Here :thumbsup:

The car has electric power steering. It has a controller which needs to have the Zero Point set properly. In other words, the wheels and steering components are set up fully, put in their straight-ahead position, and the controller is Zeroed.

Knowing where the Zero Point is, the controller can correctly deliver the appropriate steering assistance as needed.

Hi

Thanks for the help, Do you know if setting the steering is a DIY job or needs to go to a Toyota Dealer?. If DIY any idea how to do it?

Aprt from no self Centering the steering is fine, tracking OK ,no adverse tyre wear and good feel. If she is happy with it is OK to leave. Appreciate any info