Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Petrol Do You Use?

celica140sport

hi all

i was looking on the celica club forum and i read this comment about Shell v power and how amazing it is, only trouble is it would cost me more to travel to my nearist Shell garage so no point in it. question is what petrol does every1 else use. my usual is total garage but i only usualy put normal unleaded in. i think its excellence at total - for there super petrol. Does anybody use this or would recommend it?

I Regularly use Sainsburys to fill up with Unleaded - they get theirs from BP.

Can't be bothered with High Octane stuff - Too dear and not enough proof that it could do anything for a daily driven car anyway.

hi all

i was looking on the celica club forum and i read this comment about shell v power and how amazing it is, only trouble is it would cost me more to travel to my nearist shell garage so no point in it. question is what petrol does every1 else use. my usual is total garage but i only usualy put normal unleaded in. i think its excellence at total - for there super petrol. Does anybody use this or would recommend it?

Seriously, is there any advantage in using super unleaded? worth it if it reduced maintenanace and improves perormance.I run a 92 celica cabriolet new member and first toyota so advice appreciated

I recently did some testing between normal & Super Unleaded fuel. The test was between normal Shell & Shell's V-Power.

I got an extra 20 miles from a fuel tank by using Super Unleaded, producing an extra 1.6MPG.

Unleaded miles from full tank - 400.3 miles. 33.1MPG

S/Unleaded miles from full tank - 419.9 miles. 34.7MPG

Although Super Unleaded costs more at the pump, it costs no more than normal unleaded. V-Power is normally 7p extra per litre, so if you do the maths, the cost per mile is the same.

If you do a search for Acetone test results in the forum, you see my results and write up for the test.

Super Unleaded produces more miles, costs the same per tank & helps improves your engine by cleaning it, producing better performance.

hi all

i was looking on the celica club forum and i read this comment about shell v power and how amazing it is, only trouble is it would cost me more to travel to my nearist shell garage so no point in it. question is what petrol does every1 else use. my usual is total garage but i only usualy put normal unleaded in. i think its excellence at total - for there super petrol. Does anybody use this or would recommend it?

Seriously, is there any advantage in using super unleaded? worth it if it reduced maintenanace and improves perormance.I run a 92 celica cabriolet new member and first toyota so advice appreciated

Although I don't currently drive a Celica (but have had two in the distant past), I do use super unleaded (Shell V-Power) in my Corolla VVT-i 1.6. I find that the engine feels a tad smoother and it's slightly nippier. Nothing startling mind but it is noticable. Interestingly, it does also improve the mpg slightly by around 3 - 4 mpg. Not enough to justify the added expense of V-Power but it helps you feel a bit better about buying it. I believe it also has additives that are good for the engine (but I'm not an expert). All in all I plan to continue with V-Power for the time being anyway.

Of course, not all cars may benefit in the same way. If you can afford it, I'd recommend giving it a try for a while - at least two or three tank fulls anyway.

Hope that helps ;)

i gave bp ultimate a test for about a month in my vectra about a year ago and i didnt find it any better. i heard u have to reset the ecu when u convert to v power or whatever so ur engine can re learn the new fuel or something?

I recently did some testing between normal & Super Unleaded fuel. The test was between normal Shell & Shell's V-Power.

I got an extra 20 miles from a fuel tank by using Super Unleaded, producing an extra 1.6MPG.

Unleaded miles from full tank - 400.3 miles. 33.1MPG

S/Unleaded miles from full tank - 419.9 miles. 34.7MPG

Although Super Unleaded costs more at the pump, it costs no more than normal unleaded. V-Power is normally 7p extra per litre, so if you do the maths, the cost per mile is the same.

If you do a search for Acetone test results in the forum, you see my results and write up for the test.

Super Unleaded produces more miles, costs the same per tank & helps improves your engine by cleaning it, producing better performance.

Always a bit reluctant to get involved in the age old fuel discussions BUT:

All - Are we talking about differences in Octane or just brand?

Ed' - What conditions did you test your car in to get these results?

I started with a full tank at the way to the lip. Then travelling the same distance & route everyday (I travel an 80 mile round trip to work), plus I kept my same driving style. All motorway driving was travelling at an average speed of 80mph.

BP ultimate is 97 while V-Power is 98 octane. I found that my car felt better on BP but my nearest garage is a Shell.

Whenever I've used S/Unleaded in a car I've never reset the ECU, just put it in the tank and noticed the difference from the first or second tank.

It is true that not all cars will see ALL the benefits from Super Unleaded. The octane in Super Unleaded helps it from predetonation. The cleaning agents in the fuel are what helps all cars. A clean engine is a more economical engine and at the same time will help with performance. The performance increase comes from the reduction of the carbon deposits within the engine.

I would say to anyone if you use normal unleaded all the time, to use on a regular basis eithe a full fuel system cleaner or full injection cleaner. This will perform a similar job but not to the same strength, well that's what I found when I've use it.

i was just enquiring i use good old asda unleaded 5p cheaper a litre round here then competitve unleaded brands. i just thought i might be missing out on using super unleaded. ill put a tank of totals excellence in and tell u what i think

I suggest you try at least 2 tanks of Super Unleaded.

That way you should a steady increase in economy.

wonder if it will help my oil problem using super unleaded? yea ill give it a try for a month see if im noticing anything. i usual put 40 quid a week in (32 litres) and get 240-250 miles to it which is around 34mpg i think

If you've got the oil problem the early 140's had, using Super Unleaded will not help stop it. You need to get your engine worked on for that to get fixed.

well not interested in doing that. my 140s going in december anyway either for a t sport or a rx8, i put thinner oil 5w30 in her and she hasnt used a drop in 700 miles now and usualy nearly a litre would have been used now explain that one lol

Well all I can say is that you can't have the dreaded oil problem lots have had!

I hope you get the car you want when you change yours.

i think after a few more miles the problem will return thou. im well prepared with 10 litres of oil on hand lol. perfect car would be a 6 second celica with no road noise lol

so right 30 quid of excellence in 23 litres. gone 150 miles on it usual driving style = 29mpg asdas looking better atm although saying that driving was abit worse than usual i suppose if im honest lol