Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

91 Celica Gt Starting Problem

StuartGTi-16v

Hi Guyz

I've had my Celica since April and love it to bits

in the last few weeks she's developed a starting problem

The first start if left for say 6 hours or more is a little lumpy and hesitant. It takes about 2-3 seconds to start BUT! never fails to start and runs fine once its started. EG i could go 5 miles down the road to supermarket, do my shopping for an hour and she'lll start on the button. i haven't noticed any drop in peroformance no mayo, plugs seem fine. I'm gonna check the dizzy cap and give the roter and points a clean to see if it helps.

When i first got the car I never had this problem and it would always fire on the first cycle "if you get what i mean"

It could do with a very minor service IMO

Any Ideas

Stu

Hi Guyz

I've had my Celica since April and love it to bits

in the last few weeks she's developed a starting problem

The first start if left for say 6 hours or more is a little lumpy and hesitant. It takes about 2-3 seconds to start BUT! never fails to start and runs fine once its started. EG i could go 5 miles down the road to supermarket, do my shopping for an hour and she'lll start on the button. i haven't noticed any drop in peroformance no mayo, plugs seem fine. I'm gonna check the dizzy cap and give the roter and points a clean to see if it helps.

When i first got the car I never had this problem and it would always fire on the first cycle "if you get what i mean"

It could do with a very minor service IMO

Any Ideas

Stu

I've had mine a week or 2 now and mine always takes 2-3 seconds to start but I was thinking myself it was a bit "sluggish". Before I brought it it had to have a new air mass flow meter fitted.

To clarify my car sounds like its miss-firing for the first 2-3 seconds,one or two presses of the throttle descreases the amount of miss fire, then it fires into life

Its almost like the shims are gone on the valves but that symptom only occures in cold weather and its smokey on the start. This will happen on a blistering hot day and there is no smoke on start up

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links