Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1az-fse And 1az-fe - Same Oxygen Sensor?

askot

Hi,

any idea, would RAV4 (2.0 vvti 1az-fe 100 kw engine) lambda sensors fit for Avensis with 1az-fse (2.0 vvti 110kw) engine?

Both have 4 sensors in exhaust manifold, 2 before and 2 after the catalytic converter. I think they should be the same, no?

RAV4 sensors are quite cheap in USA. As the engines seem to be similar, exhaust manifold is similar (if not the same), I think the sensors would be compatible. Lower sensors are failing on my avensis and I am just going to U.S... :-)

Hi,

any idea, would RAV4 (2.0 vvti 1az-fe 100 kw engine) lambda sensors fit for Avensis with 1az-fse (2.0 vvti 110kw) engine?

Both have 4 sensors in exhaust manifold, 2 before and 2 after the catalytic converter. I think they should be the same, no?

RAV4 sensors are quite cheap in USA. As the engines seem to be similar, exhaust manifold is similar (if not the same), I think the sensors would be compatible. Lower sensors are failing on my avensis and I am just going to U.S... :-)

Hmmm, how much cheaper? I need one of the top ones for my 2.0 vvti Avensis.

Hi,

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,...or,partGroup,19 for example (rav4, 2002)

• 5 weeks later...
Hi,

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,...or,partGroup,19 for example (rav4, 2002)

FYI: I replaced lower driver side oxygen sensor with "DENSO Part # 2344048" from rockauto.com. (94.79$ usd + postal fees + import taxes, if ordering to EU). The check engine light went off after driving 100 km and everything seems to be back to normal. The wire was just a bit shorter, then original avensis sensor, but otherwise all good.

The error code was P0141.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

FYI: I replaced lower driver side oxygen sensor with "DENSO Part # 2344048" from rockauto.com. (94.79$ usd + postal fees + import taxes, if ordering to EU). The check engine light went off after driving 100 km and everything seems to be back to normal. The wire was just a bit shorter, then original avensis sensor, but otherwise all good.

The error code was P0141.

Hi,

I have been on this website but there is no avensis(1az-fse).As you saying the smiliar engine is 1az -fe but are you sure that it will work as it should with my avensis?If yes,which one I should buy?.My fault is P0136 "o2 sensor circuit" - bank1 ,sensor 2 and I do not know how to work it out which one is which?Which on is faulty accordance to this code?Is it pre-cat or post cat and what is the part number.

Many thanks

Woj

Sorry if i have read your posting incorrectly. But engine code 1AZ-FSE was used from 2000 to 2003 & if your error code of P0136 is correct, then your sensor is located after cat. I have no idea as to sensors being the same, but why don't you use cfc1 posting to find American site that sells oxygen sensors. Just posted link to previous enquirey.

Sorry if i have read your posting incorrectly. But engine code 1AZ-FSE was used from 2000 to 2003 & if your error code of P0136 is correct, then your sensor is located after cat. I have no idea as to sensors being the same, but why don't you use cfc1 posting to find American site that sells oxygen sensors. Just posted link to previous enquirey.

Hi Beagh

Many thanks for help

More question

are you saiyng that this engine was fitted between 2000 - 2003?So what about 2004 avensis(mine is new shape).I thought that they were fitted from 2000 to 2006?

Regards

Woj

The engine in question was used in the Avensis 1 up until to 2003. When facelift model Avensis 11 came in year 2003 onwards, the same engine was used. As to oxygen sensors i cannot tell you if they are the same as i am sure new model was upgraded, new ECM & various other sensors?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links