Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Beware Toyota Camry Buyers

lousycamry2000

Beware Toyota Buyers : I Own a 2000 camry Mileage is 35000. "Engine Check " light came on yesterday went to dealer . Dealer charged 100 bucks just to do the copmputer check TOLD me I need to replace Charcoal canister "REASON was TOPPING OFF while REFUELING" CAN YOU BELIVE THAT ??

So I did a 7 hr extensive research on the web

THE CANISTER ASSEMBLY SYSTEM that INTEGRATES with electrical system OR the THE CHARCOAL CANISTER ITSELF could be VERY LOUSY QUALITY,

AND MIND YOU THIS PROBLEM will not POP UP in A three year period , Chances are it will pop up right after you run out of extended 3 years warranty .

AND then one day POOF there goes your 600 bucks.

For the time being I will try to disconnect the BATT terminal for few minutes and see if the ENGINE CHECK LIGHT goes off .

I can't see it being that common a problem, my dads has done 91k and is nearly 6 years old and that ones OK.

Also, $600 every 3 years isn't bad, for some reason people like buying Fords/Vauxhalls/Renaults in the UK and they need replacement parts pretty much on a yearly basis.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links