Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Verso '03 Tspirit Rear Windows

260E

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this teaser for me:

Both the NS and OS rear windows of my Corolla Verso are not functioning.

There is an electric supply to the window motors from the switch controls on the doors themselves, and also from the master drivers door panel - you can hear the motors attempting to move the window.

The problem is not with the "parent button", as this also controls the NSF window, and works as it should. ie when depressed, the NSF window cannot be opened or closed, and the motors in the rear do not try to move the window i.e. the electic supply is cut. There are no breached fuses.

Anyone come across this before? Suggestions for a solution?

Thanks Daniel.

When was the last time you opened the rear windows? If it has been a long time the rubber could be sticking to the glass and the motors may think there is too much resistance (anti pinch function) so stop working.

You could try just running something like a credit card (soft plastic) under the rubber trim all around one of the windows (inside and out) and see if it feels like it is sticking.

Can't think what else would be common to both windows that you haven't already tested.

Thanks for the idea - Ive tried it, but hasn't made any difference. The problem was a sudden onset, not a gradual decline in function, and before, the windows were in regular use. I'm doubtful the PCB under the master switches has gone - everything else seems fine.

New part from the stealership = £270.00, and breakers yards don't seem to have any Versos to break for parts.

I'll perhaps have to take the trim off and see if they have over-wound. There really isn't much around in the way of self-help DIY for these vehicles though is there.

Update: the clicking from the rear switches are the relays working, so either it loks like the relays aren't connecting or there is a power outage between the switch and the motor, on both sides or a common feed.

I have two questions:

1) Does anyone have a wiring diagram to save me work with the multimeter?

2) How do the door cards come off?

Thanks

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...
Update: the clicking from the rear switches are the relays working, so either it loks like the relays aren't connecting or there is a power outage between the switch and the motor, on both sides or a common feed.

I have two questions:

1) Does anyone have a wiring diagram to save me work with the multimeter?

2) How do the door cards come off?

Thanks

Daniel

All - Thanks for the help.(Thats ironic, by the way)

• 8 years later...

So, the solution is to reset the window motors by separating them from the regulator, powering the motors to allow >6<10 revolutions, and then reinstalling.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links