Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Con Fault. 2006 Yaris 1.3 T Spirit

Gavin.Dunnett

Hi Forum.

The faulty air-con works at idle but above about 2000rpm stops working (blows ambient air temp).

The dealer re-gassed the system yesterday but this hasn't fixed the fault.

I'm tempted to remove the plug going into the compressor to see what differences this make, anyone else tried this or had a similar fault?

I had a problem with my old car (Rover 200) where the fan would slow down when I turned to the right. At first it was an imperceptible slow down, but pretty soon it would completely stop, even if it was previously running at full speed. After investigating, I discovered that the problem was a loose spade connector which connected the actual motor to the motor's connector block. Centrifugal force was pulling the spade connector away from the tab when I turned right. Reconnecting it and tightening the spade sorted the issue!

While not directly related to this issue, it shows that sometimes a mechanical issue can be the cause of an electrical problem, rather than an electrical problem itself. Maybe this could be considered, particularly because it stops working above a certain engine speed? :g: