Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 Running Problem

Steve84

Hi all just had my t180 serviced, it went in for new injectors for heavy injector rattle and poor first starting. New injectors fitted no heavy knocking job done i thought. Jumped in car today first morning after getting car back and started it up and it still hunts for revs. It hunts from around 600 rpm upto 1250ish rpm. If you rev the car slightly problem goes away, if i turn it off and re-start it re-starts fine. Hear comes a but, it only does this with the outside temputure in the range of 14oC and 16oC. How it seem to me is the car cannot make it mind up if it needs to run at fast tick over speed which it does on cold mornings or on low tick over speed has it does once warmed up or started on hot mornings. Took it in to dealership today they looked on TOTS and found no other problmes reported. Apart from that car runs A1. The dealership said they will contact toyota on monday to see if they have any idea what the problem could be. All i'm askin is any other t180 owners had the same thing happen, i'm thinking there must be a air temputure sensor somewhere that tells the ecu what speed to run the engine at and maybe that senosr is failing. The dealership did say they will have the car back in even if toyota cannot come up with an answer check all sensors and run the car and hopefully they will be able to see the fault for themselves. The car is a 2006 56plate done 12500 miles. Thanks in advance

Steve

HI, Steve,

My T180 Verso started to do the same thing when cold starting. My dealer had it overnight then fixed the problem by upgrading the software on the ECU.

Problem solved since then.

Hope this helps,

Ian

Hi all

The car is now doin my head in. I Spoke to my dealership yesterday afternoon about the hunting for revs, i was told they spoke to toyota, and they advised run the car till it does it all the time. The garage also said cos they've never heard of this problem before it could well be normal. I got in the car to leave work last night and it would not run at all. It would start and die it did this 7 times, when it did start it was hunting for rev, knocking and the whole car was vibrating. So later the garage will be getting a call and not a nice one at that. On the whole the car has been great, 1100 miles ago i'd of rated the car highly. Now reliabilty is just not there, i'm now thinking will it start this morning ok, i do 20k+ a year i need a car i can jump in turn the key and go. At the minute i wait for the pre heat light to go out and think will will it run today or not. So if any toyota tech's or t180 owners have any idea why its doin what its doin please post away.

Thanks in advance

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

when your car went in for injectors the dealer should have carried out an ecu mofication at the same time, if they did not there is a posibility that could be the route cause, you can tell if it has been done, there should be a sticker on the ecu ( either behind glove box or under bonnet depeding on model) sayin the mod has been done.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links