Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Size Advice

rcdean

im planning to get some wheels and would like to know if 195/55/15 tyres will fit.

wheel specs

WHEELS ARE 5.5X15 ET45 4X100 BORE 54.1

many thanks

Slightly too big.. go for 195/50x15's as these are the same rolling radius as the standard 185/55x15's and more or less the same as the 175/65x14's.

the stock tyres that are on the car at the moment are 185/60/15's would'nt 195/50/15 be too small

the stock tyres that are on the car at the moment are 185/60/15's would'nt 195/50/15 be too small

OOOPs.. my mistake, I was thinking it was a MK1 Yaris :blush:

195/55x15's will be more or less the same rolling radius as the 185/60x15's.. as will 205/50x15. You shouldn't have any clearance issues with the 195's but you would need to check you had have room for 205's... you would require at leat 15mm if clearance both near the strut and the outer wing, you would also need the same clearance from the archliner on full lock both ways, obviously you would need the correct offset on any new wheels you might be buying, but if you are useing the same wheel then it's just those clearances you need to check. Height won't come into it as the 205/50's are very slightly lower... same with 195/55's. (205/55x15's are actually closer in height... but will look too big on the car IMO)

Personally I would go with 195/55's

OOOPs.. my mistake, I was thinking it was a MK1 Yaris :blush:

195/55x15's will be more or less the same rolling radius as the 185/60x15's.. as will 205/50x15. You shouldn't have any clearance issues with the 195's but you would need to check you had have room for 205's... you would require at leat 15mm if clearance both near the strut and the outer wing, you would also need the same clearance from the archliner on full lock both ways, obviously you would need the correct offset on any new wheels you might be buying, but if you are useing the same wheel then it's just those clearances you need to check. Height won't come into it as the 205/50's are very slightly lower... same with 195/55's. (205/55x15's are actually closer in height... but will look too big on the car IMO)

Personally I would go with 195/55's

yeah 195/55's are what im after so there should be no clearance issue the set off the wheels im after is 45mm will that be ok .

cheers

It should be.. Toyota's are mainly et35 - et45, so I reckon you'll be good go :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links